8.10 CreateService Failed / BPMBroker Errors

DBohner-(db)

Legendary Poster
Many of you have had the heartache of the CreateService Failed error messages. There is a REG Fix available (and I'm appending it to this message).

The fix has worked for me on a couple of Standalone installs - it might work for you, too.

The file "BPMBroker.reg.txt" should be downloaded and stripped of the .txt (if your OS is current - you will not be able to download a .reg file). Download, then rename to BPMBroker.reg.

Make sure that your 'C:\Program Files\JDEdwards\BPMBroker\JRE\1.3' folder has files in it (if it doesn't - run the 'third party' BPMBroker installation from the JDE Install Disk.... If there still isn't data... uninstall 'DEFAULT' from 'add/remove programs' and try again... the JRE is necessary to run the debugger.

Read through (EDIT) the .reg and make sure the file locations are up to par. Since I use a remote disk, the file locations on your installation my vary.

Also - do a SAVE AS when downloading. Directly clicking the link will lose all the formatting.

If this doesn't work - holler at me, I have another fix in the works.

(db)

Attachments

• 94697-BPMBroker.reg.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 521
Thanks for the Reg, but it seems not works on my PC. Whats's about the second's ?

sviardot,

In 8.10 - I don't believe there is an issue on waiting for the services to start (seconds)... that, I beleive, is an issue with 8.11 - due to websphere express and other interop issue.

Make sure you edit the reg file and confirm your file locations are correct (C:\ vs D:\).

Make sure that the BPMBroker sub directories are populated.

(db)

Hi Serge,

I haven't examined and tried Daniel's solution yet, but try to change your Regional Settings to "English (US)". I know, it is not a pretty solution - but maybe helps.

Regards,

Zoltán

Thanks
I tryed but it doesn't work.
Continue to working on it.
Thanks for all help

Re: 8.10 (8.11) CreateService Failed / BPMBroker Errors

I had this problem running debugger on Windows 8.11 Standalone. My C:\Program Files\JDEdwards\BPMBroker directory was empty. I populated my BPMBroker directory from a Windows 8.11 Deployment Server to which I have access, it mapped locally as Z:\PeopleSoft\BPMBroker. Attached is a directory listing of the contents of this directory.

I ran the bpmsetup.exe. Strictly speaking, I am unsure whether bpmsetup.exe really needed to be run, because it detected that BPMBroker was already installed and it asked if I wanted to "repair", "modify" or "uninstall". I selected the "repair" option... My assumption is that running the bpmsetup.exe in "repair" mode causes copied components to be registered properly. After the installation completed I was able to successfully run the debugger.

Coincidentally, this also fixed a persistent JVM error (Runtime Error! Program C:\E811\system\bin\LaunchJVM.exe abnormal program termination") that I was receiving when starting the EnterpriseOne Menu from the Solution Explorer...

Woo Hoo!

Attachments

• 99324-BPMBroker Directory.gif
    99324-BPMBroker Directory.gif
    52.1 KB · Views: 246
Back