E9.2 Has anyone installed 9.2 Standalone on Windows 10 Home? Getting 'The command failed with error -1' on E1local

Ok Greg and everyone who is interested! This is what I do to install 9.2.0.0 Demo on Windows 10/11 Home (I may try to jury rig installing a more recent Tools Release/Service Pack on as time allows)

Order of events
(First, I collect all the software bits I need and put them in a folder called 'JDE supporting apps' from edelivery.oracle.com and free downloads of 7-zip, Adobe Reader, lusrmgr, etc so I am organized and can repeat the process at will)
1. Install JDK 1.7.0_80 (this for 9.2.0.0 base along with WebLogic 12.1.3)
2. Install redistributables (2010, 2013 and 2022 which has 2015 thru 2022)
3. Install Windows 10k (install the version stated in manual)
4. Install Visual Studio 2022 compiler if the user wants to play Developer
5. Install Oracle 32 bit Oracle client 12c release 12.1.0
6. Install WebLogic 12.1.3
7. Run OOESetup installer for installing E1Local (after properly extracting the zip files into correct Standalone dir structure using 7-Zip NOT native Windows extractor in File Explorer-...the 3 E1Local db cab files have to be extracted properly into a single folder and put in right location in Standalone structure-I also run the installers with the command line qualifiers (-ignore -Prereq etc check on Windows) - this info is in install manuals and available on My Oracle Support Knowledge base-I verify I can run sqlplus after E1Local install and can log into E1Local-follow prompt to reboot machine--to login to E1Local using SYS and SYSTEM you have to use ReconfigureDB.exe to swith from enhanced encryption to a plain text password--the you have to re run to put those accounts back to enhanced encryption to run E1)
8. Run Installer to install E1 applications, files, etc
9. Copy the tnsnames folder from c:\Oracle\E1Local\network\admin folder during E1Local to the oracle 32 bit client folder of same name (c:\app\client\user_name\12.1.0\client\network\admin in my case)
10. Install Adobe Acrobat Reader 8, 9 or 10 (this can be done earlier--I just wanted to add it as a step)
11. Double click 'EnterpriseOne Solution Explorer' icon (ActiveConsole.exe) that gets put on Desktop--wait 60 seconds for Security Server to fully initialize then sign in.

I tried to remember everything without re-writing a manual.

Intimidating for some, easy for others. Good luck!
Hi, can you send the link to the manual you created or send me the manual document here. It would be a great help.

Also what is the step number 3. Install Windows 10k could you please clarify.
But please send the complete step by step manual.

Thank you
Rog

Back