E8.12 Item Master Inter Operability

SADIQUE

Hello Friends

I was trying to import Item master by using Inbound Item Master Inquiry (P4101Z1) and then running the Item Master Inbound Transaction Process (R4101Z1i) to populate the F4101 Item Master file. P4101Z1 runs successfully and inserts the data in to the interface table (F4101Z1), but when I run the update report, it fails by printing Processed (Y/N) as "N" . I have tried many alternatives by updating the file format without success. I receive the below error message in the work center. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Informational: Call From : SADIQUE PULIYA KUTH
Phone Number :
Tickler Date : 01/16/2024
Subject : Error: Record Invalid
CAUSE . . . . The record being processed either already exists for an 'ADD'
function or does not exist for an 'INQUIRY', 'CHANGE' or
'DELETE' function.
RESOLUTION. . If you are attempting to inquire, change or delete a record you
previously added, there may be data base problems in your
production library. You should notify your data processing
department.

The message you're receiving sounds pretty clear, yes?

Look to see if your item already matches up with one of the keys to f4101, LITM or AITM that already exists in your system.

People (myself included) sometimes use AITM as something other than a key and get burned for it when trying things like this.

The z file interop takes some time to learn and figure out, but I've found it to be rock solid-- the errors are informative enough to work thru when you see them in your workcenter.

For Item Master updates, make sure your Trans Action (TNAC) is set to 'C' instead of 'A', that your Short Item No (ITM) is populated, and that the Successfully Process (EDSP) is blank.

Thank you very much for your replies. I should have included more details in my previous post. Sorry for that. I have checked and confirmed that there is no similar item exists in the system and even I have tried inserting completely unique text in second and third item, and in the descriptions, but still get the same error. Short item number is generated in the report output, but not actually generates in F4101Z1 file. I have tried by changing the Trans Action (TNAC) with the values 02,04,05,07, but no luck.
Please find below the report output screenshot. Thank you very much for your support.

1705475834198.png

Can you show us what the record looks like in F4101Z1?

Ideally we'd be able to take a look at F4101 as well! How comfy are you with SQL?

Hi Dave,
Please find below the records in F4101Z1.
may I please know, what do you want me to filter from F4101.

1705497916530.png
Please let me know

Is the Item Branch flag set properly? (ITBR - 1 Update the item level only; 2 Update the branch/plant level only)
Direction Indicator Field? ( 1 - inbound, 2 - outbound)
Transaction Type? ('JDEITEM' for item add)

These fields are important in order to add/update inventory records.

Also, check to make sure the 2nd Item Number and 3rd Item Number values aren't already in use by an existing item.

Thank you very much for all your support. Appreciate the time you spend for me.
The issue has been resolved. It was because of the user security. The security was updated last week and the developer role was taken away from me and have been provided with another role with the necessary permission for development. When they return back the permission, the issue has been solved.

Thank you very much.

Thanks for reporting back!! I'm rather annoyed that the error message you got was that when the issue was security!!

Agreed Dave! I thought usually there would be something "different" indicating a security error.
Unfortunately the 'error handling' is not always great with JDE...

The work center is quite valuable while performing this action. The pdf output which was shown can be somewhat helpful, but the work center messages will show specific issues (invalid cat cades, etc.)

Back