Oracle DB Install

PDizzyD

PDizzyD

So I am trying to setup a lab for CNC training and I am using w2k3 sp2 as the OS. I am using Oracle 10gR2 (10.2.0.1) as the databse. I should mention I have applied TR 8.96.1.2.

When installing the deployment server I installed the Oracle Client for 10g and that corrected my connection issues. Now, what do I do for the development clients? Do I need to install the Oracle Client software for every dev client, or can I package something up in the OneWorld Client install that will move the client files needed for the client to connect?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Deploying Fat/Developer clients...
1. Clients should be win2000sp4/xpsp2 (turn off system restore). Use host file to map servers ip address.

2. Install Visual Studio 2003 (c++ compiler/runtime files required only).

3. Install Oracle 10g Client using runtime files option. (I don't know if you can package the required files only and deploy it using the OneWorld client install).

4. Edit or add the tnsnames.ora in C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\client_1\NETWORK\ADMIN (or use the Oracle Net Configuration Assistant)

5. Map to z: the E812 folder (make sure this is shared) on the deployment server.

6. Test signon on the fat client.

7. Install the full package build and update package for any environment. Don't forget to install the OH4A_setup.exe manually for the client side html feature.

Hope this helps.
ciao!

Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for. I will look into seeing if that can be packaged...

Back