E9.2 New install of JDE 9.2 with TR 9.2.7.1

sonny.de

We are planning to install a new test environment for 9.2 with TR 9.2.7.1.

My question is, what version of database client we need to install for Dep and Ent server. Is it 32bit or 64bit client as TR 9.2.7 is now 64bit system.

Thanks.

Hey Sonny, do you have a set of CDs that installs JDE E1 64 bit out of the box? :) I have yet to see these but maybe they exist somewhere
I had to install GA release which is 9.2.0.0
then I installed (deployed) 9.2.5.6 (32bit) - applied Planner ESUs and did special instructions to get a clean build
then I installed 9.2.7.1 Dep and Env svr components running the conversion process to 64 along the way.

So I had to use 32 bit client at first to get from there to here.
Then of course switched to 64 bit once 9271 was laid down
Would have preferred to install 64 from a set of CDs and been done with it.

Oracle will tell you to use One Click and has no plans to remaster, so that is correct. You need both to do a base install.

Hey Sonny, do you have a set of CDs that installs JDE E1 64 bit out of the box? :) I have yet to see these but maybe they exist somewhere
I had to install GA release which is 9.2.0.0
then I installed (deployed) 9.2.5.6 (32bit) - applied Planner ESUs and did special instructions to get a clean build
then I installed 9.2.7.1 Dep and Env svr components running the conversion process to 64 along the way.

So I had to use 32 bit client at first to get from there to here.
Then of course switched to 64 bit once 9271 was laid down
Would have preferred to install 64 from a set of CDs and been done with it.
Hi tiradoj,

I will also use GA release same as you do. But the only difference is after the 9.2 base install, I will update it directly to tools release 9271.

thanks.

Back