E9.2 JDE EnterpriseOne Server Manager download only shows Disk1, not able to install on EnterpriseOne 9.2

ingoc67

Newbie here, trying to figure out JDE EnterpriseOne. I am trying to setup the JDE EnterpriseOne Demo Platform so I can program and test web services (REST APIs) between Ignition and JDE. JDE Orchestrator seems the way to go, but in order to install it, I need to install the EnterpriseOne Server Manager. I downloaded it from the edelivery, but the download has only Disk1 and doesn't install. I do not have an Oracle Support Contract. Is there a workaround for this?

Unzipped the .zip file that can be downloaded, but it only has the Disk1 install, not the Disk2 that is mentioned in different posts.

There's only 1 disk now that I know of. If it's an older version, disk 2 used to be agents if I remember right.

ooh yeah. there are posts around here about our headaches regarding the standalone demo install, which instructions mention what, etc.... Someone who figured it out on their own promised us a well-documented method, but I'm not sure it ever materialized :)

as @TFZ already said, Disk2 is long gone, but you might still find it in the docs or some screenshots.
So what exactly does "doesn't install" mean?

as @TFZ already said, Disk2 is long gone, but you might still find it in the docs or some screenshots.
So what exactly does "doesn't install" mean?
Thank you all for the helpful replies! Well, the issue that i have is that when i run the setup.exe (cmd prompt with admin rights) there is a quick popup and nothing happens.

You're not giving a lot of detail, so i can only guess, but just clicking or launching setup.exe won't help you. Please check the Installation Guides according to your desired infrastructure, version etc.

This is how to run the installer on Weblogic for 9.2 UNIX e.g.:

You're not giving a lot of detail, so i can only guess, but just clicking or launching setup.exe won't help you. Please check the Installation Guides according to your desired infrastructure, version etc.

This is how to run the installer on Weblogic for 9.2 UNIX e.g.:
Thank you! That document got me on the right track and i was able to start the install. I am installing on Windows 7 Pro. Next issue that I am seeing during the Server Manager install is 'Failed to create J2EE Server'. I did follow all the instructions of the Installation Guide. Do you have an idea why I get this error message? Many thanks for the help!

Usually the log should give you more details on that. The log path and file name should be on the screen or in the error message. Also, which Tools Release, Websphere/Weblogic, JRE/JDK ... ?

Was able to fix the issue. The Node Manager was not started, which caused issues during install of the Server Manager. The Server Manager is running now. Next step will be installing AIS Server and then the Orchestrator i guess. End goal of all this is to setup a REST connection with the Ignition SCADA to talk to JDE. Thank you for the great help!

Back