SQL Server 2008 R2 with JD Edwards E1 9.0

Amien

Well Known Member
HI:
When i installed JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.0 (32) Enterprise Server in windows server 2008 R2 64x EE, I don't find any things in the data base (SQL Server 2008 R2 64x). Did I load manually the database if yes HOW?

Any idea, in attachement the step of installation when the JDE E1 detect the instance.

Attachments

• 176286-Enterprise server.png
    176286-Enterprise server.png
    27 KB · Views: 88
Hi,

Platform pack for EO900 available on edelivery.com is compatible with SQL2000(version 8) or SQL2005(version 9).
When running platform pack and select "JDEdwards EnterpriseOne - DB Server", a \MSSQL folder is created inside \JDEdwards; then files in \JDEdwards\MSSQL\ are used by Platform Pack to configure your SQLServer instance. If you check \JDEdwards\MSSQL\scripts\*.bat files you will find that some of them work only with SQLServer 8 or 9, but SQL2008R2 is 10; then scripts don’t find any SQL instance with that version and do nothing. Check ..\scripts\attach_CRP_CO.bat as an example.
So, I’ve worked with this. Use SQLServer2005 SP3 for Platform Pack installation process, even for running Custom Installation plan, at the end upgrade you database to SQL2008R2.
I´ve also read some docs like the one attached, but haven´t tried them with platform pack.

I hope this helps you.

Attachments

• 176306-64bit_MSSQL_EnterpriseOne_PlatformPack_WorkAround.pdf
    238.5 KB · Views: 201
The document posted by REGS lists the registry fixes required to make the Platform Pack detect your SQL Instance.

Once you complete the Platform pack install you also need to follow the steps in doc id - 848317.1 and run the script attached to that solution..

If this is a new install then it is fairly straightforward and you should not have an issue...

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Platform pack for EO900 available on edelivery.com is compatible with SQL2000(version 8) or SQL2005(version 9).
When running platform pack and select "JDEdwards EnterpriseOne - DB Server", a \MSSQL folder is created inside \JDEdwards; then files in \JDEdwards\MSSQL\ are used by Platform Pack to configure your SQLServer instance. If you check \JDEdwards\MSSQL\scripts\*.bat files you will find that some of them work only with SQLServer 8 or 9, but SQL2008R2 is 10; then scripts don’t find any SQL instance with that version and do nothing. Check ..\scripts\attach_CRP_CO.bat as an example.
So, I’ve worked with this. Use SQLServer2005 SP3 for Platform Pack installation process, even for running Custom Installation plan, at the end upgrade you database to SQL2008R2.
I´ve also read some docs like the one attached, but haven´t tried them with platform pack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi ;

It haven't any issue to use directly SQL2008R2??????

Back