• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Multi Record Line in RTF

Mike Mackinnon

Well Known Member
Is there a way to incorporate multiple records on one line in the RTF template?

What I am trying to do is print barcoding badges for users and instead of outputting a single badge per line I am trying to squeeze two barcoding badges per line (saving paper). I'm not sure but is there a way to do this for repeating items so that the second badge (the one on the right) will not display if there is no data for it? I could probably put stuff in the BI advanced properties of the 'right-side record' to not display but don't want to have to do that for every 'right-side' item. I was wondering if there was a simpler way to not have that entry display if there is no data?

Thank you!

Please see attachment for an idea of what I am thinking of doing.

Attachments

Abhishek Chhajer

Well Known Member
We need to add extra Grouping Parameter here. group every two items in a single variable.
Modify UBE.
Example
Group Variable Item 1 Item 2
Value 1 A B
Value 2 C D

jileto

Well Known Member
Is there a way to incorporate multiple records on one line in the RTF template?

What I am trying to do is print barcoding badges for users and instead of outputting a single badge per line I am trying to squeeze two barcoding badges per line (saving paper).

Please see attachment for an idea of what I am thinking of doing.
If you want N columns, use N for-each loops and condition each loop using the mod function.

Assuming <row> is the parent tag of each row of data...

In your scenario, the left column would be loop 1 which would print odd numbered rows - e.g. 1, 3, 5, etc. <?for-each:row[position() mod 2 = 1]?>

The right column would be loop 2 which would print even numbered rows - e.g. 2, 4, 6, etc. <?for-each:row[position() mod 2 = 0]?>

You can then define a subtemplate that has the standard layout for 1 badge and call it by passing the <row> that will be called within each loop.

Or you can just lay them out in the columns as you've illustrated in your sample document - 2 badges per row.