E9.2 How to Update multiple receipt line with Form Request via Passed in array?

patrick.lemos

I have a form request that selects receipts to add to an invoice (P4314 Form: W4314B).
After n receipts have been selected, it is displayed on P4314 Form: W4314A).

In the voucher match screen (P4314 form W4314A), I am trying to update more than one record with my passed in ReceiptRecords Array (Shown below).

1712847262780.png

So. We are dealing with two grids in the above Part of the Form request.

1. the receipts that were added from P4314 Form: W4314B.
2. And, the ReceiptRecords grid (the array I passed into the Form request).

The way that I have this set up above updates only one record in the Added receipts grid from my ReceiptRecords Grid.

I would like to know if there is a way to update more than one record.

When you use a filter on Update Row, it will update all rows that match your filter criteria with the values you pass in. I do not believe what you are trying to do will work with a standard form request. You can pass an array in to a form request in order to append, but you will not be able to update as there is no clear link between the data in the grid you are trying to update and the array you are passing. Unless you can iterate through you matching and match one line at a time you will need to use a more technical approach.

In a case like this, I would use the appstack api to make multiple updates to the grid. However, this does require a good understanding of the api and the willingness/ability to write some scripts. Documentation on the api can be found here.

Back