BI Publisher Migration to Oracle Analytics Server

eydeak

VIP Member
Hello,

We are preparing to apply Tools 9.2.7.x and UNC8. As part of our initial analysis, our CNC saw that BI Publisher is being replaced with Oracle Analytic Server (OAS). From a CNC side, it looks like a big change. But from the JDE User/Developer side it sounds like there might be no impact and it's a "re-branding" of BI Publisher to OAS. But I haven't found anything that really addresses the Developer/User side of things to be confident in that answer.

Has anybody out there done the move to OAS yet? Do existing OneView Reports, Report Templates... continue on unaffected? Are there any improvements that we can take advantage of?

We only use a few vanilla OneView Reports and Report Definitions but we are trying to figure out what the impact will be when we do the Tools/Apps updates.

Thanks,
Ellen

It's basically the same thing in the end, the templates will need to be reloaded. And while not supported, the old one still works fine, so you can test first and not worry. The OVR reports are UDO's now, so they're not really stored on the OVR server as it is..but to be fair, I've never had to migrate anyone's OVR over. It just sort of sits there.....forgotten.

I'd be interested in that "big change" that your CNC sees, because all i'm seeing is a new name and the bar on top is now brown 😂

I guess it's more me seeing it as a big change on the CNC side - because my glance at what they need to do looks like a new install and I'm not a CNC.

Thanks for everyone's feedback. I'm more confident now that with our limited number of BI Publisher (now OAS) objects, it shouldn't affect the developer/testing portions of our timeline too much.

Back