BI Publisher Desktop Not Working in Word After Install

Mike Mackinnon

Mike Mackinnon

Well Known Member
I am having an issue getting my BI Publisher Desktop working. I have installed the application from Oracle site but the ribbon/buttons are not showing up when I open MS Word. I am not sure if I messed up the installation or if it relates to some security that our operations group has implemented? I have used BIP desktop a lot before but had to reinstall on my computer as I got a new computer recently.

1683212039549.png

IIRC, based on what version of JDE you're on, and/or which version of MS office you're on, you might have to download a previous version of BIP desktop. If you downloaded the latest version from Oracle that might be the first thing to check. There's a knowledge doc out there if memory serves

I think I had this problem and I had to go in to Word and manually re-enable the plugin..... In Word, it's File -> Options , COM Add Ins, and turn the tick box on if it's off for BIP, or turn it off and on again if it's on. There was another step for what to do if its not there, and of course I can't find it now.... but I'm looking.

I think I had this problem and I had to go in to Word and manually re-enable the plugin..... In Word, it's File -> Options , COM Add Ins, and turn the tick box on if it's off for BIP, or turn it off and on again if it's on. There was another step for what to do if its not there, and of course I can't find it now.... but I'm looking.
Tries this but did not work. The Add-in was enabled when I went in. I disabled it exited, then went back in and re-enabled it but did not work. Thanks for suggestion!!

IIRC, based on what version of JDE you're on, and/or which version of MS office you're on, you might have to download a previous version of BIP desktop. If you downloaded the latest version from Oracle that might be the first thing to check. There's a knowledge doc out there if memory serves
Will give this a try...thanks! Unfortunately we recently switched to LAPS for PC so I have to go get local admin temporary password for my PC in order to install older version of BI Publisher desktop.

* Yeah, I know first world problems

Thanks TFZ! I think that may have done the trick. I installed plug-in with LAPS userID so I think it was unable to run under my userID when running Word application under my windows/network sign on. I can now see the "BI Publisher" ribbon in Word.

I ran the following instruction from the system directory:
If you are not an administrator on your pc, probably an admin user installed the Add-in. If so, with your user logged in, run: C:\Program Files\Oracle\BI Publisher\BI Publisher Desktop\DotNetInstallFiles\TBAddUser.exe

Whenever this has happened to me it's usually the java has been updated and the folder name changed. So now it can't find the exe to run.

Back