Multi Record Line in RTF

Mike Mackinnon

Mike Mackinnon

Well Known Member
Is there a way to incorporate multiple records on one line in the RTF template?

What I am trying to do is print barcoding badges for users and instead of outputting a single badge per line I am trying to squeeze two barcoding badges per line (saving paper). I'm not sure but is there a way to do this for repeating items so that the second badge (the one on the right) will not display if there is no data for it? I could probably put stuff in the BI advanced properties of the 'right-side record' to not display but don't want to have to do that for every 'right-side' item. I was wondering if there was a simpler way to not have that entry display if there is no data?

Thank you!

Please see attachment for an idea of what I am thinking of doing.

Attachments

• Sample Template.doc
    41 KB · Views: 42
We need to add extra Grouping Parameter here. group every two items in a single variable.
Modify UBE.
Example
Group Variable Item 1 Item 2
Value 1 A B
Value 2 C D

Is there a way to incorporate multiple records on one line in the RTF template?

What I am trying to do is print barcoding badges for users and instead of outputting a single badge per line I am trying to squeeze two barcoding badges per line (saving paper).

Please see attachment for an idea of what I am thinking of doing.

If you want N columns, use N for-each loops and condition each loop using the mod function.

Assuming <row> is the parent tag of each row of data...

In your scenario, the left column would be loop 1 which would print odd numbered rows - e.g. 1, 3, 5, etc. <?for-each:row[position() mod 2 = 1]?>

The right column would be loop 2 which would print even numbered rows - e.g. 2, 4, 6, etc. <?for-each:row[position() mod 2 = 0]?>

You can then define a subtemplate that has the standard layout for 1 badge and call it by passing the <row> that will be called within each loop.

Or you can just lay them out in the columns as you've illustrated in your sample document - 2 badges per row.

Back