JDE 9.0 Standalone with SSE Local Database on Vista - Security Server error

edg3y

Hello everyone

I’ve tried to install JDE 9.0 Demo with SSE Local Database on two PC’s with Windows Vista SP1. However when running Solution Explorer (activConsole.exe) I get a “Waiting for Security Server” message then the error “Unable to locate Security Server”.

I’ve used the following installation steps:
1. Download and install JDBC 1.1 - Unzip and copy sqljdbc.jar to the folder specified in the guide:
- c:\Standalone_9.00\ThirdParty\WebDevFeature\JDBC
2. Run InstallManager.exe - Install SSE when prompted.
3. Reboot.
4. Run InstallManager.exe again - Ignore warning messages.
5. Install JDK 1.5.0.16 to the folder - c:\E900\system\JDK
6. Add ODBC data source (System DSN, SQL Native Client driver) for "EnterpriseOne SSELocal" with "(local)\JDESSELocal"
- Uncheck "Perform translation for character data" check box.
7. Reboot.

I have read through other posts relating to this matter and I’ve checked the jdbj.ini and JDE.ini and they seem fine, I’ve attached portions of them for reference.

I’m wondering if the problem is Vista, it may be blocking the security server (I’ve turned the firewall off)?

Has anyone else got Demo 9.0 with SSE Local Database to work on Vista?
I’ve read a post “E1 9.0 Standalone Oracle Local Database Problems” in the JD Edwards® EnterpriseOne Developers forum that suggests I have to install the Oracle database instead of SSE in order for Demo to run successfully on Vista, is this true?

Kind regards
Daniel
---
Daniel Edge | Applications Consultant
Extensity Pty Ltd
[email protected]

I have this issue too, i consider the problem is the JDENET_N.EXE not work fine, when i entry user and pwd, the VISTA pop the jdenet_n.exe is closing window.

Hi,
I was wondering did you get a resolution to your problem, although I’m working with a 8.12 version of standalone, I appear to have an identical problem.

Regards

Hi Daniel,
Sorry to have troubled you over this, I've now managed to get the standalone up and running.
Regards,

Hi Connor,

Can you share more details as what did you do differently to make this standalone installation work. I am using Vista Home edition and still stuck with the "Security Server" error.

Thanks.

Back