8.11 standalone OC4J folder

rgreensl

Hi everyone, I'm trying to get standalone to work and the install instructions mention an OC4J directory which doesn't exist..! Does this mean I have the wrong install disks or is there something I'm doing wrong....my disks are stamped with b17481-01[1/2] b17433-01[2/2]? I have tried to reorder using http://edelivery.oracle.com but the website is on a go-slow and standalone isn't there. Also do you need the .net software installed to use the tool or is it just for development - it costs 500 euros...!
thanks,
rich

There were several issues with the 8.11 SA when it was originally released, causing PSFT to remaster in February. I am not at a location where I can check my disks, but have installed E1 SA so many times now I can do it in my sleep. .NET Foundation must be installed for SA 8.11 to function. You also must install WebSphere 5.02 for SA to function. You will have to download some SQL .jar files and install them to directories associated with WebSphere. You will then install Disk1 of SA 8.11 and copy the LoadEone and UnLoadEone .exe's to the E811 root. You will also have to copy tnsames.ora and jdbj.ini from Disk1 to E811\JAS\EA-JAS_80.ear\webclient.war\WEB-INF file. Then load Disk2. Launch SA 8.11 using the LoadEOne (I usually modify the icon installed that points to the ActiveConsole.exe).

It's quite sad that I was able to list this from memory. I've never seen anything associated with the OC4J directory in the install instructions.

The install instructions are on the Oracle website under KG documentation for installs and are dated February of 2005. Good Luck.

thanks for this mr comwrapper - I got my instructions from an oracle person dated august 2005 [see attached] - they do look dirferent...! Anyway I 'll give those instructions a go.

Attachments

• 99415-811 Standalone Installation_oracle.pdf
    631.8 KB · Views: 178
I am having the exact issues...for me it is not creating this directory structure c:\E811\JAS\EA-JAS_80.ear\webclient.war\WEB-INF! Is it because I am using WAS express and not the full version? I have the full version but the instructions says to use express in one guide and in the other guide it does not mention it. My gulde is the same Oracle gulde but it is dated September 2005 and I alos have a gudide that talks about WAS express but makes no mention of Oralce App. Server. Attached are all the documents Pracke gave me...which ones should I use for the installation or do I need to use a combination of guides?

Am I to understand that the latest 8.11sp1 downloads contain either WAS
Express or the Oracle HTML? Or do I need to download them separately?

I'm downloading the 8.11sp1 (1 and 2) now, and couldn't determine if I still
needed the other downloads.

??

(db)

Re: RE: 8.11 standalone OC4J folder

I think you'll need them seperately - it doesn't seem to be on the CD's. I have discovered that IBM aren't offering 5.0.2 any more on their website and you have to get WAS 6 instead - don't know if that will work with standalone...?

you should be able to download IBM WebSphere Application Server 5.0.2 Enterprise Application Server - Windows 2003 on the e-delivery site. If you select 8.11 technical foundation it is there.

C
confused.gif
Can anyone tell me what is the current fix pack for WAS and what is the current PME....It is like finding an niddle in a haystack to find anything on IBM site. I found the FP2 and the PME 2 I can't find FP3 or FP 9 but I found PME 6

This is the MTR from Oracle

The following are the supported cumulative fix levels for WebSphere Application Server Enterprise Edition:

· WebSphere Application Server Base Cumulative fix 3 (WAS BASE 5.0.2.3)

· WebSphere Application Server Enterprise Edition Cumulative fix 2 (PME 5.0.2.2)

or

· WebSphere Application Server Base Cumulative fix 9 (WAS BASE 5.0.2.9)

· WebSphere Application Server Enterprise Edition Cumulative fix 6 (PME 5.0.2.6)

Step to install WebSphere 5.0.2 Enterprise:

Install WebSphere Application Server 5.0 (v5.0)

Install WebSphere Enterprise Server 5.0 (v5.0)

Apply fixpack 2 to WebSphere Application Server (v5.0.2)

Apply fixpack 2 to WebSphere Enterprise Server (v5.0.2)

Note: WebSphere Enterprise Edition must be on fixpack 2 level in order to apply any cumulative fixes.

Install steps for 5.0.2.3:

Apply the application server cumulative fix 2 to the WebSphere Application Server (v5.0.2.2)

Apply the enterprise server cumulative fix 2 to the WebSphere Enterprise Server (v5.0.2.2)

Apply the application server cumulative fix 3 to the WebSphere Application Server (v5.0.2.3)

Update from 5.0.2.3 to 5.0.2.9:

Apply the application server cumulative fix 9 to the WebSphere Application Server (v5.0.2.9)

Apply the enterprise server cumulative fix 6 to the WebSphere Enterprise Server (v5.0.2.6)

Install steps for 5.0.2.9:

Note: These cumulative fixes can be applied over fixpack 2 (WAS BASE 5.0.2 + PME 5.0.2)

Apply the application server cumulative fix 9 to the WebSphere Application Server (v5.0.2.9)

Apply the enterprise server cumulative fix 6 to the WebSphere Enterprise Server (v5.0.2.6)

Hi,

You need to install WebSphere Express 5.0, and then Fixpack 2 (for Express). And install it in c:\websphere or JDE won't see it. At least that's how it works for the web development client.

Andrew

Hi List,

I have installed E1 8.11 SP1 on Windows XP HE sucessfully, when I run a Applicaton in HTML it opens a browser & thriws an error. Unnown JAS error occured contatct UR system adminstrotor. Has anybody face the same problem..
What could be cause of this...? Any help will be highly appriciable.

Thanks
Hitch
ooo.gif

I got this working eventohugh I installed the Full WAS version...

Now here is my other question

shocked.gif
So I got it to install and it is running...a bit slow, hoever I wanted to find out if I can access it from another machine. I tried and it gave an error (object Expected)...is there a way I can say access the demo install from another browser on another machine.

Back