SQL server 2005 Native Client (SNAC)

EONECNC

Well Known Member
Planning to Install E1 8.11SP1 on windows 2003/SQL server 2005. In the MTR it is mentioned to install SQL Server Native Client (SNAC) 32 Bit after the database installation on Enterprise server, Deployment server and clients. Can anyone tell me what are the files to be downloaded from microsoft site (Please provide me the URL).
I am using SQL server 2005 SP2.
Should i apply cumulative update 7 ? I am not getting the link to download the file. Please help

Regards

WJT

The client is on the install media for SQL Server 2005. It is one of the o ptions you choose in the install wizard.

You can install it from the original media, but remember to apply Service Pack 2 after that.

Or you can go to the Microsoft site, and download the SNAC for Service Pack 2 by itself. It is on the Service Pack 2 components page, not on the main SP2 download page.

The cumulative update is also required to fix other issues. Unfortunately, it is not available as a straight download. You have to request it from Microsoft, and they will make the link available to you, along with the password to uncompress it.

Please do not skip the update, or you will run into several of the SQL Server 2005 issues that other users have reported in this forum.

Back