E811 SP1 Standalone Web Client Login

Rashid Johari

Dear All,

I know this topic has been posted countless times, but I'm still unable to get a satisfactory solution so I hope some of you out there might be able to help..

I have installed E811 SP1 Standalone on my system. There were problems at first but now most of it is up and running. The client looks fine and the web server initialises without any problem. The problem comes when logging in to the web client. Even if it is run via a link from the fat client, it still prompts for userID/password. I have done what some users here prescribed;
1)copy the jdbj.ini from the cd onto the C:\E811\system\OC4J\j2ee\home\applications\webclient.ear\webclient\WEB-INF\classes folder .
2)I have installed the drivers for JDBC for SQL Server 2000 from microsoft and copied all the the files present in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC\lib to C:\E811\system\OC4J\j2ee\home\applib ...

After all that, I am still unable to login. At first I was sure that the problem was with the database connection from the web client but I've realised that different error messages appear when I use a wrong login detail. If i use demo/demo the error is "An unknown JAS sign in error occurred. Please contact the System Administrator" . But if I use an invalid login, the error message is, "Incorrect User ID or Password." It seems that there is connection some connection to the database as the system is able to differentiate between valid and invalid login details. Is there something else that I need to do? The E811 SP1 Standalone is running on WinXP and MSDE for sql. The Websphere version is Websphere Express 6.0 . Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance...

Did you Generate your objects from generation machine, if yes,
can you check that F989999 and F989998 have Data, this is should be in the
Environment central tables.

--
Best Regards,
Bassel Magdy

thank you so much for the prompt reply.. Before my initial posting I did not run the generator. Thanks for the reminder. As expected, I looked into table F989999 and there were no entries there..

I tried to run the generator after that hoping it would solve all the problems. Unfortunately, it wouldnt run properly. When I run gen.bat or gen_oas.bat, it is able to invoke the java generator application. Then I tried the two possible options to generate; 1)direct connection and 2)by specifying the JAS server(i specify it as localhost).
Both ways result in errors. I have heavily modified the classpaths in the gen.bat file but it still won't work.
I have uploaded my gen.bat file for those interested to view and below is my error log:-

[ 2006-09-21 17:36:19.172 ] **Generator Error Log started at Thu Sep 21 17:36:19 SGT 2006**
[ 2006-09-21 17:38:29.344 ]
Unable to connect to JAS

Error: Unable to connect to JAS.
java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 405 for URL: http://LOCALHOST/jde/servlet/com.jdedwards.jas.ServletProxy
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:841)
at com.jdedwards.jas.net.JASNetURLDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.net.NetConnection.callJAS(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.net.NetConnection.callJAS(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.net.NetConnection.callLogin(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.net.NetConnection.login(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.net.NetConnection.createNetConnection(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.runtime.generator.engine.ConnectionEngine.makeConnection(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.runtime.generator.engine.GeneratorEngine.makeConnection(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.runtime.generator.view.InitialView.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:568)
[ 2006-09-21 17:38:55.469 ] Server returned HTTP response code: 405 for URL: http://LOCALHOST/jde/servlet/com.jdedwards.jas.ServletProxy: Unable to login, Please check JAS logs

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance...

Attachments

• 111883-gen.bat.txt
    6.9 KB · Views: 190
Hi,
Can you send your local JDBj.ini and JAS.ini files ?

--
Best Regards,
Bassel Magdy

Thanks for replying.. Here are my jas.ini and jdbc.ini

Attachments

• 111971-jas.ini.txt
    5.8 KB · Views: 169
sorry i meant the jdbj.ini

Attachments

• 112010-jdbj.ini.txt
    13.7 KB · Views: 162
Not many replies received but thanks to all those who viewed this thread and thought of helping out.. I managed to get it running a few days ago.. The mistake I made was that the version of drivers for JDBC for SQL Server 2000 was incorrect. For E811 SP1, the version of MSDE was SQL 2000 MSDE SP3 so I should have installed drivers for JDBC for SQL Server 2000 SP3 . Did that and now everything's fine.

Back