E9.2 start web server command or service

ahmedfawzi55

Hello

1st I'm a newbie for JDE world and here, so please sorry if this question is asked before or too easy for you :),

2nd we use JDE 9.20 in our company and we can't reach our support in last week, and accidently the web server restarted,

after that it won't go up back again,

the server itself is running and deployment server is working too,

but when access our web server though link like

http:// local_ip_address:9001 /jde/

its will gave 'Unable to connect' error in the browser,

i keep searching on how to start the service in last two days without any success,

could you please help to find the command or service to get the web server work back again?

Thanks in advance :)

Ahmed

Last edited:
i find some files on the web server under folder "jde_home\SCFHA\targets\AIS_Prod\config", like
rest.ini (which contain the default environment name and server URL port 9001)
and AIS_Prod.properties

and on another folders multiple files with name 'StartNodeManager.cmd',

but still not get how to run the server and get the web server up again,
we using (if that will help)
windows server 2012 for deployment server
Windows server 2019 for Web server
Linux for DB and security server

phew, okay ... do you have access to the Weblogic Console or Websphere ISC (whichever you're using)?

phew, okay ... do you have access to the Weblogic Console or Websphere ISC (whichever you're using)?
Hello
I saw 'Weblogic' web page running on the same server on port#7001,

It's ask for username and password and it's different than the 'server manager' password,

But if you mean we need to log-in to this web page to run the server, we will search for the username and password 4 sure,

Bye the way, i can access a folder on the same server with name 'weblogic', and one of it's files is 'StartNodeManager.CMD',

I tried to run this command and its ask for server name and IP address,

Are the 'server name' mean the web server name or the deployment server name or the environment name?

Sorry but i really confused, and no one technical is around until one more week and the system not running at all,

Thanks

Note: i tried to locate 'StartNodeManager.com' files on web server and run it,
but when it's run it's log end with
=======
port 5556, host localhost/127.0.0.1>
=======

in time my server port is 9001 and its link url like 'IP address/jde'

there is no one way to do it, i'm just looking for the easiest one for you as this doesn't seem to be your daily job. depending on the setup the start scripts (which are not just StartNodeManager.cmd btw) will also ask for a password, so it might not help you either way. there's a script called startmanagedweblogic, but that needs the name of the server, which you need ... etc. etc.
since it's a windows server, did you look at the services? maybe the former admin added windows services for the instances?

there is no one way to do it, i'm just looking for the easiest one for you as this doesn't seem to be your daily job. depending on the setup the start scripts (which are not just StartNodeManager.cmd btw) will also ask for a password, so it might not help you either way. there's a script called startmanagedweblogic, but that needs the name of the server, which you need ... etc. etc.
since it's a windows server, did you look at the services? maybe the former admin added windows services for the instances?
1st thank you for your time and your support

2nd you are right this is not my daily job, and I'm in this situation for the first time without our support company for emergency reasons,

3rd i have passwords sheet contain servers log-in passwords, server manager, and JDE password,

4tا on the Web Server i able to start (and confirm already started servers) as below
- service name =Oracle WebLogic JDE_APP_AdminServer
Location=D:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home\wlserver\server\bin\wlsvc.exe

- Service name =WebLogicNodeManager
Location=D:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home\wlserver\server\bin\wlsvc.exe

the two service already running,
but the system page still down!

i really don't know what to do to get it online back and in current time the system is down for three days :( and no answer from our support

Well that's something. I guess you tried restarting the service already?
You might want to go to D:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home\user_projects\domains\<your_domain>\servers\<your_server>\logs\ and look at the .out and .log files to see what's going on with the server.

If you have server manager, can you log on to that and start the server from there? Your HTML server instance should hopefully be listed there, and if admin console is up and node manager is running, you should be able to start? Admin Server is one JVM, node manager is another...you should have another JVM for your web instance (if you add command line to task manager, you'll see what server is running.) As long as Server Manager is setup properly and communicate with the web server, you should be okay to click Start on it's control page in Server Manager console.

Hi ahmedfawzi55
You need goto the below path and run the below commands. After base domain location there may be some other folders please check

/jde/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home/user_projects/domains/base_domain/bin

nohup ./startNodeManager.sh &
nohup ./startWeblogic.sh &

Back