JDE 8.11 Standalone SP1 Installation

xueli

Hi all,

Was wondering if you all encountered any problem when installing 8.11 SA SP1? I did not install websphere program and manage to get it running by using local admin.

But when i login use my ID on network, there is an error when i am running the standalone it shows

"Windows cannot find "/system\bin32\jdenet_n.exe."

But i checked this path, the exe is there and i can perfectly run the SA with local admin or domain admin. Any suggestions to solve this issue? Thanks

Xueli,

My first set of cds with the E811 SP1 standalone didn't work and I had to get a new master of the cds.

Also, are you using the snapshot.exe tool?

If not, it's always a good idea to use it to save the registry and environment variables of one release, before installing another.

Copy the file from C:\E811\System\Bin32 to your desktop.

Run the exe and it will save your registry settings and environment variable of your current installation.

Now install the new release you want.

I have not tried running the standalone without websphere but this should work.

Dom Bowker
Technical Manager
DWS
www.dwsonline.co.uk

Hi,

As a start to solve the prob, try giving access to registry key HKEY\LocalMachine\Software for the user without the admin rights.

This will allow you to get the jdenet_n running and will pass the security authetication.

However there are few more reg keys for which the user shud have acess. I am trying to get those.

Hope this might help you to certain extent.

Freddy

Hi try changing the OCX path to point to the correct one.
I'm trying to locate the bat file but ....

Back