Release 8.10 on Workstation

abhi82

I am following the steps from windows install guide.. for the workstation installation I shared the folder "peoplesoft\E810\OneWorld Client Install" directory on the Deploymet Server. From the worksation I ran the Intallamanger.exe and chose workstation install... but there are no options to select a package to install ?????
What step is missing ?
I tried with separate client installer ..it installs the DEMO package..but I want the packages to install by my first method...
please help.

Thanks,
Abhijit.

Hi,

Do you mean to say that the packages are not getting listed ?

If so when you access the E810 dir on Dep Svr say DS1
make sure you access it as DS1 and also that in the package .inf the Dep Svr is mentioned as DS1 and not by its IP address. If so access the Dep Svr name by its ip before you select the package.

Freddy,

I meant when I start the client installation ..the second screen has the packages to be selected..here no packages are seen...tried Filter ON/OFF .. I have checked and checked the .inf files.. but no use..
frown.gif

package.inf has all Hardcoded paths which are correct (I checked it and there is no place in this file where we mention DepServer name..could you tell the TAG where to look)

Also checked the DV810FA.inf to see the Dep server name is mentioned properly or not ...
Can any body send me a document which will tell what the correct entries are to be present in all the inf file.....
or any trouble shooting document for the Cleint installation...

-
Abhijit.

The share should be on the E810 folder on the deployment server not the OneWorld Client Install.

The canned package called DV810FA.inf probably doesn't have the deployment server name in it. In XE it's doesn't. I have attached a packagename.inf file for an XE full package I built. The deployment server name appears several times. Our deployment server is NTSERVJDE. I hope this helps.

Patty

Attachments

• 102770-DV7333FD_INF.txt
    3.2 KB · Views: 100
There are a couple of things you need to check to display a list of packages.
1) The share folder is E810 as rightly mentioned by Sully.

2) What is the path mentioned in your package.inf. Is it <Deployment Server Name>/E810/... or <IP>/E810.. Since you said they ar hardcoded i assume its the DS name and not IP. If the path is the deployment server name, you must map your client machine to the E810 share folder on your deploymet server by accessing your DS by "Name" only.
Hope this works for u.

I hope you would not done a Copy Paste of your DV7333FA.INF under the same folder.
This applies for all inf files under package_inf folder. If any file is copy and paste for backup this will cause the problem u mentioned.

These are the priorty wise the cause of problem :

1.Check the Attribute section in DV7333FA.INF Section
[Attribute]
PackageName=DV7333FA

2. Make sure E810 is shared folder and everyone have full rights on the folder.

3. Checks following values are set in your install.ini located at
\\DepSvr\b7333\OneWorld Client Install

[FileLocations]
PackageInfs=\\DepSvr\B7333\package_inf
CurrentReleaseMasterPath=\\DepSvr\B7333
ClientListener=\\DepSvr\B7333\OneWorld Client Install\Push Install Listener,Setup.exe,/s

4.Your Windows - System32/drivers/etc/hosts conatin the name of DepSvr with IP Address.

Back