ODBC connection with Jd edwards enterpriseone on network computer

buntysaraswat

Greeting to everyone.

I need to make ODBC connection for Microsoft Access so that I can read and write data but I don't now how to make connection with JD Edwards Enterpriseone on network computer, what i mean is JD edwards is installed on the server in another state and we access it via internet explorer, I have only VPN address to connect from home. sorry if I am confusing anyone because I don't have much knowledge of this.

As far as i understand is I need to install ODBC Driver version 10.2.0.2.0 on client computer but how to configure I don't know. I will really appreciate if any one can comment on this.

Regards

Bunty

No Offense Bunty but yes, you sound totally confused which makes your request very confusing.

Frankly - if you know so little you probably shouldn't attempt to do what it seems you're trying to do.

Here's a clue that may or may not apply to you given what little information was provided.

If you are attempting to create or modify a JDE application that will read/write a MSACCESS database, and the application is supposed to run on a web server - you should know that no current JDE JDBC drivers exist for accessing MSAccess databases.

Bunty,

Reading data from JDE into MS Access can be extremely misleading.
- Decimalization, Date formats, structured formats for Business Units and other fields - all come into play and are controlled within the JDE

Writing data from MS Access to JDE can be EXTREMELY DANGEROUS.
- Decimalization, Date formats, structured formats for Business Units and other fields - if written incorrectly will 'quickly' corrupt E1 and make it unusable.

Make sure that you are working 'Directly' with a very skilled developer, that does understand the intricacies of JDE's Data, Data Dictionary and Configurations

(db)

Hi Guys,

Really sorry to confuse you. Now we are two people in team, I have knowledge of only MS Access, Excel, Macro & Odjucts. Another guy have knowledge of JD Edwards but we both don't know how to configure ODBC.

Things I know is:-

1. JD Edwards is on server computer

2. We have one network driver (Server) where we have folder name oracle and a lot of files.

Hope above helpe.

Regards,

Bunty
confused.gif

Back