E9.2 EDI Configuration for Processing 850 Orders

FGARCIA1

FGARCIA1

Hello,

I find myself in need of implementing the EDI process for a client. Some time ago, I implemented it for one of our clients, but I had to use an API that invoked an orchestration and inserted the data into tables F47011 and F47012. However, now we need to add this service for a new client, and I would like to use the process more seamlessly within the system. Is there any documentation I can use to configure the processing of 850 with '|' type delimiters?

not sure if you are taking from an API or flat files in this case, as you have pipes, maybe this is about flat files, so you can use the P47002 and R47002C in this case, you can setup the delimiter in the PO of the version or the R47002C. Make sure the flat is in the F47011/12 layout. or have an ube to handle with the file to the f47 layouts.

Why don't you create an orchestration that creates a sales order, that is one of the great things Orchestrator does, it will act as a user an perform maintenance activates.

Stank1964,

Thank you for your suggestion, it would certainly be a good idea; I will likely implement it. However, I would also like to understand JD Edwards' natural process for processing 850 transactions and generating 855 and 810 files.

When you run the JDE app for acknowledgement and invoice, there are processing options which are used to generate the EDI interface data. Once you have data in those tables, there are inquiry options on menu G47 and below. You take the EDI interface data (file system 47) and figure out how to share that outbound with your trading partners.

Stank1964,

Thank you for your suggestion, it would certainly be a good idea; I will likely implement it. However, I would also like to understand JD Edwards' natural process for processing 850 transactions and generating 855 and 810 files.
This is a huuuuge topic and involves lots of work in my experience. You're best off hiring in a consultant who has experience in your specific document sets (and make sure to specify inbound/outbound for each transaction set you need)

The best documentation is within the cross product EDI Interchange doc, such as https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E16582_01/doc.91/e15100/rcv_n_snd_edi_so_docs.htm#EOADI00284

This has quite little about HOW to arrive from your inbound file with pipes to get to the F47 files required by JDE to process the transactions and move them into your live transactions. There are 2 facets going on. The first is kind of easy for those of us techies, and the 2nd is for someone with lots of functional and configuration experience (a consultant)

First you're loading what is probably a text file from a FTP location. Great. You could do this step via orchestration, or go old school and load the file into your JDE filesystem, then use a table conversion UBE to parse out and place the data into the F47 files. The choice depends on your comfort level. JDE doesn't have a native "EDI gateway" like you might find with integration platforms such as boomi. You need to do the final mile of the flat file to your EDI F47* files on your own. This is probably why you aren't having much fun finding documentation.

The 2nd part, which is "now the data is in the F47 files, and I'm ready to process those to create official JDE transactions", requires lots of configuration of the F47* AND F42* UBEs and Programs. So it's important to get it right, and if your inhouse staff aren't comfy here, you should really hire a consultant. I've never used the P47* suite. I think it's fine if you need to do manual massage on a case-by-case basis, but I used the batching stuff way more

I will say, the F47/R47 file process is great considering how old it is. I've used it for EDI as well as e-commerce sites, UPS shipping integrations, etc. It's pretty rock-solid once things are set up.

Last edited:
Back