Client Install fail After Applying SP 8.94.T1

gautam

All,
After applying SP 8.94.T1, I am not able to install update/Full packges to some of Fatclients (Windows 2000). I am getting message " Setup Failed! The error reported by Operating system is 'The filename, directory name or volume lebel syntex is incorrect, please run setup again". I also got one Case on Oracle site(Id#200994717) related to this issue, but this did not solve my problem.
After failing setup, I am able to login and workstation is working fine only debugger and Tc are not running at that machine. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

• 102703-jdeinst.txt
    1 KB · Views: 79
Hi,

Are you trying to install JDE client on a non-English PC?
Had the same message with French Canadian Windows.
Also, I'd check if Windows 2000 is still supported on
8.94, perhaps you should upgrade to XP SP2.

Regards,

Hi,

I am trying to install on English PC. I have installed successfully to few workstations and majority of workstations failing. I compared both machines and every thing is in Synch. There is no problem to install on Citrix.

This may be due to BPMBroker fail to load. I was facing this problem earlier but I build
foundation package and deployed it and it worked.

Check the launch path in the registry of the pc your are trying to take a package on. If the pc was previously installed using a cd then the letter drive of the cd reader will be included in the launch path. The deployment will fail because it can't find setup.exe. The launch path needs to point to your deployment server. Just a thought. See attached.

Patty

Attachments

• 102742-regedit.doc
    86.5 KB · Views: 81
To make debugger working, I have crude way to do it.
I ran BPM setup from Oneworld client Install\third party\BPMBroker. we have register
DebuggerService and mssoap1.dll. make sure you have "program files\jdedwards\BPMBroker\JRE folder
and files inside this folder.

Vinod

All,
I also built new foundation package, but got same setup failed error. For Debugger, We fixed through BPM setup from Oneworld client Install\third party\BPMBroker. But whenever we install any new package we need to do same exercise again and again. I have already open case with PeopleSoft, but no solution yet.
Thanks

Back