account lockout

Kwanda

hi Guys

i have as400/iseries Os 7vr3, and we just changed the JDE password, the account is getting locked/disabled on iSeries...we would like to know where can i get machines details where the account is getting locked. hostname, IP address?which command shows these logs ?display only comes up with machine *N.

Hello,

I don't currently have access to as AS400/iSeries/Power i so forigve me if I don't have the exact directions nailed down here but I managed one for quite a while. We used to have this happen and what I found was using the DSPLOG command was useful. If you can find the approximate timeframe that the disabling event took place, narrow down your search to around the time and find the entry in the log that shows user JDE attempting to log in and getting disabled. If you hit more info (F1 on the message, I think) on that line or a related line I think it might give you the IP address of the request. I would then use DNS lookup to get where the disabling was coming from. Sometimes we would have to bounce a web server or a fat client.

Let us know if that provides any help. I think you might also use the security audit journals, but give this a try first.

Back