No anyone who gives OAS classes with NT?

CNCgopher

Hi all,

I'm looking for OAS classes with NT servers. I could only find them with Linux on the Oracle site. I'm on the west coast, so the closer to home or a web class would be preferable.

I'd like it to be for at least OAS of 10.1.3

Thanks all!

I doubt you'll find such a thing. Oracle only provided courseware for linux.

Consider doing a "one on one" training with a CNC/OAS guru if you really need to be that specific.

I can tell you that Oracle's class on OAS had very little relevance to JDE for me.

Thank you for responding. It sounds like you would not suggest it for a JDE only person. Perhaps once I am working more in Oracle I will then. I'll go watch the next person that installs OAS on JDE when possible (if they let me), then I'll have it. Thanks!!

[ QUOTE ]
Hi all,

I'm looking for OAS classes with NT servers. I could only find them with Linux on the Oracle site. I'm on the west coast, so the closer to home or a web class would be preferable.

I'd like it to be for at least OAS of 10.1.3

Thanks all!

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the purpose of your need for the knowledge? Are you going to be maintaining the OAS system or installing/configuring it?

The reason I ask is that if you think you need to intimately know OAS in order to run it, you may want to reconsider spending a lot of time and money. Once the system is (properly) built and (properly) configured there really is not a lot of work to do.

If you really want to learn it, perhaps you would consider building yourself a little lab.

One other thing to consider is that Oracle will be phasing out support of OAS, with preference being given to their Weblogic Server product instead. If I were taking a class on a web server now, I'd go with Weblogic (unless I had a very specific need for OAS). My 2 cents.

By the way, we're currently using OAS, but will be moving to Weblogic sometime in the not-too-distant future.

Back