URGENT!!! XE installation on UNIX box got stuck up

Shyamlal

Greetings All,
We are doing a new setup of JDEdwards XE isntallation with ES on Unix Box (HP9000).
During ES installation, we got stuck up while transferring files from DS to ES. The details are as follows:

1) During ES installation i.e copying oneworld files to ES, we run ./lodrun script whereby it establishes an FTP connection with DS(windows machine).

2) It then gets the jde.ini, setup and oneworld files from DS (D:/JDEdwardsOneWorld/B7333/HOSTS/HP9000/<ES name>) to the ES.

3) Connection is being established successfully from ES(unix) to DS(windows) but unable to get the files from DS.

4) Guide shows to give DS path without colon:)) i.e D/JDEdwards..../B7333/... , if OperatingSys on DS is Windows 2000.

But we tried all the possiblities of paths. Still the problem persist.

The ftpoutput.log on ES shows as follows:
-----------------------------------------------------------
d/JDEdwardsOneWorld/B7333/HOSTS/HP9000/pihp2: The system cannot find the path specified.
jde.ini: The system cannot find the file specified.
oneworld: The system cannot find the file specified.
setup: The system cannot find the file specified.
FTP: created new child process to run ftp.
FTP: file transfer finished.
FTP: `oneworld' was not found in: d/JDEdwardsOneWorld/B7333/HOSTS/HP9000/pihp2: failed ftp.
FTP: `JDE.INI' was not found in: d/JDEdwardsOneWorld/B7333/HOSTS/HP9000/pihp2: failed ftp.
FTP: `setup' was not found in: d/JDEdwardsOneWorld/B7333/HOSTS/HP9000/pihp2: failed ftp.
------------------------------------------------------------

We are installaing ES thru DS using telnet and the whole installation is being done using VNC Viewer(type of Remote Desk).

Any help is appreciable....

Regards,
Shyamlal SVS

This is most likely a permissions issue on the DS box. If I remember right FTP will be using the LOCAL user (not a network account) for the login to DS. Ensure this user/password exists and has sufficient privileges to the B7333 directories.

To better diagnose the issue try running the ftp process manually.

Regards,

Hi Shyamlal

As Larry said, your ftp connection is not proper.

Check the follwing, go to console of the HP and at command prompt
# ftp DeploymnetServer
Giver User name and password of deployment server machine.

If it does'nt connect then it means that ur FTP Server is not configured on Deployment Server machine Properly.

In Btwn, have u configured you IIS on Deploymnet Server Machine.

Greetings All,

I m very sorry for my late reply... As mentioned by you I configured FTP properly on DS and we were able to install the ES successfully.

Thanks for all of your support....

Shyamlal SVS

Back