Installing E1 8.10 On Linux

nari

Hi Group
We are installing 8.10 under red-hat linux, and I have a couple of questions which you hopefully can answer.

1 -> What service pack should we load. When I have a look at the update center, SP2 has the below note. Does this mean that we should download and install the latest SP1_N1??

**NOTE 1**
SP2 is only compatible with EnterpriseOne application release 8.9.
**NOTE 2**
Due to a minor packaging issue, SP2_S1 has been replaced by SP2_S2 for the Client component only. 9/29/2004 4:06:19 PM

2 -> What PLATFORM should be downloade for an Linux Enterprise server?? (HP9000, SUN, RS600)

3 -> Whenever I load a service pack into 8.10, the next time I login to PSFTPLAN, it I get a login box asking for a database user/password into MSDE. When the deployment server was loaded, should there have been any ODBCs created to connect into the new MSDE SQL database?? FYI, there wasn't any created on our server.

Thanks
Brett

Last time I checked, 8.93_F1 (SP3) or greater supports Red Hat Linux AS 2.1. Currently 8.93_J1 is available.

The only supported hardware platform for Linux is x86 (Intel). There are no current plans to support Linux on the RS6000, Sun or HP9000 hardware platforms. I did hear someone mention the possibility of Itanium support for Red Hat Linux AS 3.0 in the future - but 8.12 apps would be required.

As for the password issue, I've seen it once or twice before with 8.9. I ran a SQL stored procedure to reset the password for MSDE. It took care of the problem. We aren't running 8.10 but it could be the same issue.

Back