Advanced Planning Installation on HP-Unix

ice_cube210

VIP Member
Hi List,

Is there anyone out there who has installed the Advanced Planning Solution (APS) on HP-Unix System runing OneWorld Xe

If so , i had some small queries

1. if I am Installing XE fresh on a HP-Unix system , then where in my installation process should I install the APS. Should I do it after I finish the Complete Xe Installation.?

2. Approximatley how many days does it take to install the APS software on a HP-Unix system

Thanks in Advance

Hello,

What APS modules will you be installing on the HP-UX?

Generally the speaking the actual APS install can be done rather quickly. It is not uncommon to install all the modules within a few hours.

There is a recommended order however. 1). Make sure the Exceed Emulation software is installed 2) When installing the APS modules install SNO, PSP, and PSD before APAg and install APAg before PDP/OP.

The installation of APS is independent of OW Xe and can either be installed first or last. The installation procedures do not require any connectivity to OW Xe.

I have been installing the APS products on HP-UX systems for a better part of the last 10 years (pre JDE/Numetrix merge) and would be happy to answer any questions you have.

Do you plan to use XPi with APS?

Kind Regards,
Ken

Ken Spigarelli
MetaChain, Inc
[email protected]

Hi Ken,

Can I install APS in Standalone E900/SSE (or Oracle)? Thanks in advance for your help.

Kumar S,
Standalone E900/SSE

Back