ICU_DATA and SP21

mcb

HI List!!,

I installed the SP21 on our UNIX Solaris Server, when I tried to run the services, the services didn't run, I tried to run the porttest but I got the same result, didn't work and I saw a message: "Could Not Load a local code page transcoder".
I Iooked for in KG but I found only a note that said check the ICU_DATA in .oneworld file, and my ICU_DATA seems right:
export ICU_DATA=$SYSTEM/locale/xml/
So, Anybody know what is happening?, I want to install the SP21 to use the Auditing tool only.
Thank you very much.
Sun Solaris 8, Oracle 9i, XE Update 6, SP17.1

Hi mcb,

How did it go? Did you solve the problem, we are planning to go from sp20 to sp21 on a simmilar environment. Also the main reason is the auditing tool.

Cheers

Hi Peter,

Great!!, at least somebody want to install the audit tool, because I have an error and if you have the same situation, please let me know.
If you have problems with the services, and you get the same error with icu_data, take note:
Locate the files. They are in the /usr/lib directory. They all are called libicu*.so.
2) Rename them to something that won't get used.
mv libicudat.so libicudat.so.BACK
etc..

Please when you have the audit tool installed, tell me if it works.
Regards,
Maite

Go very slow testing the Audit Tool. At an Education Session during Quest Global 03, the JDE spokesperson said that for every transaction 3 audit records (Add, Modify, Delete)will be created in a shadow table. That means a lot of storage space. Just a heads up. Presentation will be available on Quest website in a week or so.

Back