user defined depreciation

davidbryant

Hello - I seem to be behind the 8 ball on the changes to the depreciation methods mandated by HR 3090, the Job Creation and Worker Assistance Act. Basically, I have done nothing and now need to update my federal and amt ledgers to take advantage of the 30% bonus depreciation. In looking thru the KG, the documents I find seem to be kind of complicated and not really complete, (either that, or I just don't understand them.) Has anyone that has gone thru this found a relatively clean way to do it? I would have thought that JDE would have added the methods in a cum or sar or something, but I don't seem to find that. It looks like I need to go thru UDD and set up the methods, formulas, etc. Is this right or am I missing something? I searched thru the archives here but didn't find anything relevant, so again, either I'm missing something or it isn't there. Note - I asked my cpa firm why we didn't talk about this last year, and they said they didn't mention it because a: we had already done the tax return, and b: it wasn't a lot of money in 2001. It's a lot for us in 2002. Thanks in advance

david bryant
Maxco Supply, Inc.
A73, cum 12

Back