Update 6 / 7

AceHome

I am new to the list and we are looking to go to an Update in Xe. We are looking at Update 6 or 7. For those who have gone to Update 6 or 7, what have been the major issues with the update?
We are on an AS 400 and at SP 19.1. We are using fat and thin clients. The thin clients are accessed through our Citrix servers.
Any comments would be appreciated.
Thank you
Terry A

We appied XU5 when we were on SP19 and base Xe. We didn't have any issues. The update ran fine for us. Since we were coming from base Xe to XU5 there were a lot of special instructions to do (you have to do XU1 - XU4), make sure you do them and you should be alright. Search the Breaking News section on the KG for any related news.

gm.

I would recommend going with 6 OR 7 - I have done both many times, and they seem to be relatively stable.

Do NOT skimp on the special instructions - Update 7's takes a couple of days to complete, but it is certainly worth it.

Secondly, ensure that you build a full package as soon as the update is in to test.

Lastly - do you have any custom code ? Custom Versions ? There is a likelyhood that you will have to retrofit.

Hi Terry A,
We are in the final testing of UPD 6 and most everything looks very good. There is one item stopping us at this point: configured item pricing. There is a problem with rounding the item pricing. I am currently awaiting the SAR #6523777 to fix the problem.
Beyond that, I seem to remember that you need SP 21 for UPD 7 (you'll have to check that yourself). SP 21 sure seems to have some issues for concern.
Regards,
Dave

Back