E9.2 API For Creating JDE User profiles

swamy05490

We are using JDE 9.2 and are looking for a way to automate the user creation process (F0092, F98OWSEC, F980001, F95921) and role assignments -- is anybody aware of an API that would do this or parts of the process?

Dear all,
yes.
As already said, use orchestrations.
You can use the Form Requests to record every manual step you perform in the ordinary process of user creation including possible custom setup.
I recommend using Rules to validate the steps and guide the entire flow avoiding typos or inconsistencies.
You may also want to include a kind of log (I used a Form Request in a supplemental DB) to track every new user: beside the formal request through tickets, auditors asked us to record the ticket number and the timestamp directly in JDE.

Kind Regards,
Michele

Dear all,
yes.
As already said, use orchestrations.
You can use the Form Requests to record every manual step you perform in the ordinary process of user creation including possible custom setup.
I recommend using Rules to validate the steps and guide the entire flow avoiding typos or inconsistencies.
You may also want to include a kind of log (I used a Form Request in a supplemental DB) to track every new user: beside the formal request through tickets, auditors asked us to record the ticket number and the timestamp directly in JDE.

Kind Regards,
Michele
I love the audit trail on this. Very cool!

Thank you everybody for the Orchestration solution, I will pursue that option. It is great when all the answers point to the same solution!

Attachments

• 1706200111070.png
    1706200111070.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 10
Back