Trying to Display List of Items Across Page

Mike Mackinnon

Well Known Member
I am trying to list serial numbers on invoice across the page instead of listing them in a single line down the page for each item on an invoice.
See the following example of what it is that I'm trying to do...

Current:

Item 123456 - Testing Item Price $1.50 Quantity 5.00 Extended Price $7.50
Serial Number - AARRE2134
Serial Number - AARRE2541
Serial Number - AARRE7388
Serial Number - AARRE9448
Serial Number - AARRE9832

Proposed:
Item 123456 - Testing Item Price $1.50 Quantity 5.00 Extended Price $7.50
Serial Number - AARRE2134 AARRE2541 AARRE7388 AARRE9448
Serial Number - AARRE9832

Is there a way to have them listed across the page like that like 4 or five serial numbers across?? Table??
I want to find a way to reduce the number of lines being displayed when we might have a hundred or more serial numbers for an item on a sales order.

Thanks!

jileto

Well Known Member
Use position()...

Create a 1x5 table. Since you want to display the text 'Serial Number' for every row, then that's your column 1.

Then, make each subsequent column a for-each loop that displays an occurence of serial number based on its position()modN.

When you do a for-each loop, each occurence has a position number - 1st occurence has position()=1; 2nd occurence is position()=2; and so on.

So using the mod operand together with position(), you can code it so that column 2 only shows occurences of position()mod1; column 3, position()mod2; column 4, position()mod3; column 5, position()mod0 (mod zero). Read up on what mod does if you don't know why the last column is mod 0.

Mike Mackinnon

Well Known Member
Thank you for your reply!

I think that level of coding is beyond my knowledge :) I did look at the Oracle document that came with the BI Publisher installation and there is a "Dynamic Data Columns" that seems to be similar to what I am looking for...listing column horizontally as opposed to vertically. I am going to have a look at that and see if that one makes more sense.

I've attached a screen shot of my XML for what I am looking for.

Attachments

• XML Generated by UBE - Lot Listing Segment.pdf
    74.8 KB · Views: 6