This value does not exist in the User Defined Code

coco

Hello List,

Users in a particular group are unable to run R09801.
In PD get error ‘This value does not exist in the User Defined Code for system 00, type DT’. Do not get error in PY.

Value does exist in the UDC.
Users in other groups can run it ok.
Same error on both WTS and fat client.
Security is the same for both PY and PD environments and there is no security at individual level (But *Public *All Application security)
(I have attached a copy of the F00950 records)

Was working a month ago - not sure what has changed.
No hints in jde.log or jdedebug.log.
Is there something obvious i'm missing?

Cheers,
Carmel.
OW B7334;SP22;Win2K3;SQL2K

Attachments

• 114130-security.xls
    15.5 KB · Views: 97
Carmel,

In case you did miss something obvious, it would be good if you did post your jdedebug.log, especially the part that contains the SQL that attempts to get the UDC.

You did not mention if this is run locally or on the server.

Carmel

Did you check the OCM mapping for this group to ensure that they are not pointed to a set of control tables that are not standard ie held locally? They may be looking at a separate copy of F0005 than the production users.

Hi again,

Thanks for your thoughts.
In answer to your questions, it runs on the server and
OCM mappings (F0005) are the same for all groups.
I have attached a copy of the jdedebug.log.

Regards,
Carmel.

Carmel,

A couple more questions.

Does the same problem happen if you run the post locally on a fat client?
Does the problem occur for all documents being posted or only some? If only some, which ones? For example AP Vouchers with doc type PV.

The debug log you provided was for the launching of the R09801 not the actual processing. Can you provide a debug log of the actual processing? If you require assistance to do this, answer the questions above and mention that you do need help to produce a debug log of the R09801 processing.

Hi Peter,

Does the same problem happen if you run the post locally on a fat client?
No, it runs ok locally.

Does the problem occur for all documents being posted or only some?
It happens for all documents.

The debug log you provided was for the launching of the R09801 not the actual processing.
Sorry, I have attached the correct log.

Kind Regards,
Carmel.

Carmel

What about other versions? Is it possible that this version is corrupt on the server. Have you tried creating a new version and submitting that?

Marty

Hi Marty,

I just tried your suggestion, but unfortunately the new version ends in error also.

Cheers,
Carmel.

Carmel,

It would appear that the debug log you attached is not the complete log, which is understandable since these logs can be extraordinarily large. There was no SQL Select on the F0005 that I could find in the log. May I suggest that, with permission of those who need to give it as the problem is only in your production enviroment, you create a journal that debits and credits the same account with the same amount - thus not effecting any balances - and create a debug log of the post of this document only. This will create a smaller log.

The important thing is to see the SQL Select on the F0005 that is being created to see what is preventing access to the document type.

Back