SP 23 K1 on JDE Xe

We have SP 23_k1 installed on our sandbox. The developers cannot access table design aid, processing option design and business view design. So we will have to tweak security to allow access.

I noticed that there is a program for data structure and table security (see attachment). Is this new for SP 23? Does anyone have any documentation for this program?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 96848-New Security Program in Xe SP23.doc
    37.5 KB · Views: 151
We had this same issue when we installed SP23 J1. Check your task relationships to ensure that all menu items have a "Y" in the active field. This wasn't required until SP23 that I know of. If there is a "N", the menu will not display.

We installed SP23 J1 and ran into 3 issues:
1. Some menu items did not appear on the web. Resolution: Task Relationships Active field needs to have a "Y".
2. Under Standard Voucher entry, when tabbing down into the grid from the Header section, the cursor disappears and the user has to re-click into the grid. RESOLUTION: Oracle is still investigating.
3. Timing out on the Web. Prior to SP23, if a user clicked on any item after being timed-out, they would get re-directed to the Sign-On screen. After SP23 J1, if a user gets timed-out, they get a "Page cannot be displayed" message and have no option but to close the window and re-open. RESOLUTION: None yet, Oracle still investigating. This particular issue is a real annoyance to our users!

Also - certain .ini settings has to be reset - such as re-enabling "in-your-face" error messages and the ability to have multiple windows open.

Hope this helps.

Brian

this information has been very helpful and saved me a lot of grief. Thank you. I updated the F9001 trrelactive field and the F9000 tmtasckact field and the task views worked properly. I need to work out if I can just SQL the N's to Y or if I need to use the app to manually set things up. At the moment I lean to the SQL solution as the fat client seems to ignore these flags anyway.

Gerard

Brian

we have been in production with SP23_k1 for a month now. We are experiencing the tabbing problem in Standard voucher entry, do you have a case/sar/solution number for this problem?

Thanks

Gerard

We have been up on SP23 K1 since September and seem to have two major issues:

1. UTB - Thanks to C Ho above for making us aware of the dll fix. Even though we also had a call open with Oracle and they gave us a SAR number, we were not able to find that fix and assumed they fixed it in L1.

2. Memory Allocation errors - On 2 larger financial integrity reports and one custom report. R097031 is the primary culprit. After about 90 minutes the jde log comes in as

1114 Sun Dec 4 06:25:17 2005 jdecm_rb.c2457
CMRB000006 - ERROR: Memory allocation failed

Other reports that run longer finish OK. We upgraded from V5R1 to V5R3 shortly after applying K1, but got the error on both OS versions. Also, we get it when we run to our AS400 ES or a fat client (the only time I've seen where you get the same error either place) pretty consistently. Oracle recommended changing a section of the server ini, but that did not help

[UBE]
UBEDebugLevel=0
UBEPrintDataItems=1

Support had us add the following line:

UBEUseAdobe=0

we had even more failures after adding that line.

Oracle has now recommended upgrading to the latest service pack (even though that's what got us here in the first place), however unless they can tell me for sure that L1 (or M1) fixes my issue, better the devil you know than the one you don't.

Anyone else have memory allocation errors on any platform with K1?

Thanks

I-Series 550 2-way
V5R3
XE, Update 7
Citrix (and WAS on W2K).

Sorry if I am just not getting it but what dll fix are you referring to? Thanks for any information.

On a very similar thread to this one that seems to be running in parallel CHo indicated that Oracle had sent him a replacement for envtool.dll for all K1 client installs. It is not an ESU - simply a straight replacement of the object in the windows folder of the client. The dll could nto be attached, but you should be able to get from support.

Back