SP 23 K1 on JDE Xe

JDE0101

has anyone installed 23_K1 on JDE Xe yet? we are thinking about installing and are curious to know what the 'known issues' are with K1. i.e. what 23 K1 actually breaks...

We installed 23 E1 a while ago only to find that it breaks OMW. [ cant check out check in or promote..]

any hints appreciated
JDE Xe Sp23 / AIX enterprise, W2k3 Terminal Server

cdawg,

stay away from K1 as far as possible. I have a customer that went to K1 and they had to roll back because character data was getting truncated. For example, COMPANY (KCO) field was truncated to 4 chars and BUSINESS UNIT (MCU) field was truncated to 11 chars. After one full week of debugging with GSS, they found out that another customer was having the same issue. They now have it listed as a known issue.

yeah we put it on the DV oathcode and noticed that it does this for UTB..i thought it might have been cosmetic i.e. it would not write back invalid values to the DB...does it?

how they miss such crucial things is beyond me..

thanks tho, any more issues???

Ok, that's really annoying... I just installed it to test yesterday.
Has somebody got a link to information about it on the... whatever we
call the KG now?

Jim

We are currently testing SP23_K1 but as yet can't find this issue.

What area of the system is being affected by this issue ?

Thanks
Shane Woolley

I just went ahead and installed it on a client to test, and found that
it's just truncating string fields in UTB --
the information in the database is fine, and it displays correctly in
the screens. The SARs I found about
the issue, 7781014, 7762121, and 7730591, also only mention UTB as a
problem. So, we're going
to go ahead with our testing.

Re: RE: SP 23 K1 on JDE Xe

Shane,

I don't think that it was only affecting UBEs. I could be wrong. I know that it was severe enough to roll back.

We had one other issue in addition to the cosmetic issue with UTB. On the call entry screen we cannot add new calls. It says "Error unknown to translation API” ad when we look in the log it says the insert to F1755 failed.

We talked to JDE and they told us we had to put on this huge ESU that touched a ton of stuff including Sales Order Entry because it had to do with a number being out of range. We tried the fix and it did not work. I researched the issue and found a variable was not initializing properly and was null when trying to be inserted into the DB. So I set it to 0 and that solved the problem.
Matt

we witnessed the utb error with SP23 K1 on Fat Client (did not test on WTS). However we also replaved the UTB exe with an older version - same result so its defo a problem with K1 'middleware' changes

re the call logging - i logged a call in CSMS and copied a call in CSMS both went ok - i did not get the F1755 record insert failure. this was tested on FC only.

we are abandoing the K1 for now, the thinking for actually installing K1 was to fix a OMW with 23 E1. We have since developed a 'workaround' saving the need for 23 K1 testing.

thanks anyway.

Hi,

We are also struggling with the OMW issue on 23e1 and have started testing 23k1. Do you have any more details of the workaround you're using to get around the OMW issue?

thanks
kcraig

I'm also thinking about installing this service pack. Is UTB data view the only issue?

Patty

Hi,

We also experienced the issue with the UTB display and were told by Oracle to use an older version of UTB. However, we just discovered another issue - we can't run Auto Payment Update (R04575) in OW. No records are written to the F0413 or F0414 tables (ok a few bogus records referencing checks from some time ago but I can't identify any pattern there - they are only written to the F0414). I have called Oracle and they didn't have any immediate answer. We can take the check all the way through the Write Process in OW then we can run update in World and Post in either. Because we are using Createform in OW, we have to take the checks through the Write Process in OW. Has anyone else experienced this issue or have any clue as to what would cause this? We are on Xe Update 4 and went to SP 23 from SP 18. We moved to a newer/larger AS400 that required the SP 23 upgrade - other than that, no system changes were made. Any help would be greatly appreciated as we are hoping to end co-existence but are pretty thankful at this point that we hadn't done that just yet!

Thanks,

Beth

Hi,

we are testing SP23 K1 and have no problem with auto payment update in OW.

But we are only moving from SP22 and are on XE update 6

Regards

Paul Watton

Senior developer

Ibstock Brick

Beth

Keep us posted on what Oracle says. I'm going to apply this service pack after our fiscal year-end. Not being able to run R04575 would be a big problem for us. I'm on SP18.1_E1 now. Thanks.

Patty

Since you do not have a system configuration signature, did you applied SP 23_K1? Also did you applied any ESUs that are associated with SP 23_K1?

Thanks.

I have found a programming issue with SP23_K1 involving disabling/enabling grid columns/rows with ER code. It is a custom application, but works fine when I revert back to earlier SPs. Haven't heard of any stock apps affected yet.

Current client: AS/400 V5R3 XE SP23_K1

Installed SP23_K1 onto our test environments last weekend, only issue so far is the UTB one. We are still testing, will keep everyone posted on the results.

Hi Patti,

We found our issue to be with the Next Unique Key ID for the F0413. Evidently when you change environments or install a new machine, this has to be reset to be higher than the largest value in the RMPYID field in the F0413. The good news is it doesn't appear to be related to SP 23.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Beth

I have just installed SP23_K1 on our 'Technical Test' system. I am having problems in Web with the End User Tasks not displaying. Once resolved we are hoping to get to development next week.

Gerard

Back