Product packaging in 8.11

vivek_kaushal

Well Known Member
Hi Guys
I heard that 8.11 will have crystal reports as reporting solution( Not sure then how crystal reports will work with UBEs). I spoke with Peoplesoft support and they told me that product packaging would be available in 8.11 as we are planning to upgrade to 8.11. We have customized some reports in XE and think that customed UBE code would be merged during upgrade. Is anyone planning to use product packaging in 8.11. If yes then what will be the scope of product packaging ( Interactive applications only???) ( I believe that crystal reports does not require product packaging).

Any thoughts??

Hi Vivek,

My understanding is that Crystal report will have nothing to do with OneWorld. It will be a reporting tools to report on OneWorld Data. That will probably give client sample reports.

Also remember 8.11 will be only WEB and 8.10 with Citrix and WEB.

You with still have UBE (Crystal report does not do updates) so you will still need product packaging.

You are correct, Crystal report does not not product packaging.

Hi,

Indeed 8.11 comes with a Crystal Reports license, but that is all what is happening. No integration in de Dev toolset, database etc... . Also Peoplesoft does not have plans to replace RDA with Crystal Reports. This is nothing more than a marketing agreement between 2 companies. Also the license is limited to 5 users al the rest you have to buy.
Product Packaging?? No news why would it no be available in 8.11?

My understanding is 10 individual licenses and 3 concurrent Crystal enterprise licenses. Also, it will be a part of the 8.94 toolset release. I asked at Connect about delivered reports in Crystal for 8.11 and above. The answer was no delivered reports in 8.11 and maybe not in 8.12. RDA is not going away. But, what Crystal will offer is easier web distribution and fancier report design inlcuding the use of graphics elements.

Back