E9.2 How to have a list in Interactive application.

Vidushi

Vidushi

Hello Everyone,

The requirement is have something like a Grid format Manager kind of functionality where I can select options from left side list and move or copy to Right side list in an interactive application. Right side selected options will be saved in a table. Is it possible in Form Design aid? If not, tell me how can I implement this kind of functionality?

Every item is restricted to some state and then corresponding customers related to that state. First we have the state list from which we select some restricted state and if a state is selected then automatically those customers will be selected in the below list.

The existing state is present in a UDC(00|S) and related customers are present in a business view (F0101 , F0116 , F03012).

I am attaching two images for reference.

Attachments

• Grid Format Manager.PNG
    Grid Format Manager.PNG
    31.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Grid Properties.PNG
    Grid Properties.PNG
    15.7 KB · Views: 24
You are over complicating it.
Just make a find browse that has multiple select enabled.
Highlight all the rows you want in your grid
Then make a Row Exit with the Repeat for Grid option ticked and write to your workfile in the row exit

Hello Everyone,

The requirement is have something like a Grid format Manager kind of functionality where I can select options from left side list and move or copy to Right side list in an interactive application. Right side selected options will be saved in a table. Is it possible in Form Design aid? If not, tell me how can I implement this kind of functionality?

Every item is restricted to some state and then corresponding customers related to that state. First we have the state list from which we select some restricted state and if a state is selected then automatically those customers will be selected in the below list.

The existing state is present in a UDC(00|S) and related customers are present in a business view (F0101 , F0116 , F03012).

I am attaching two images for reference.
I can think of a couple of options that may work for you:
  1. use a power form that has 2 grids. One grid would be your UDC of states. The other grid would be your BSVW of associated customers with a filter field on state. When a row is selected in your state grid, you would pass the value to the other grid, load the filter field and initiate a 'Find' on the BSVW grid with the state filter field populated
  2. If you wanted to avoid power forms, you could try using a tree control as your left side (each node of tree would be an entry from your state UDC). Same concept as above... capture selection of node from tree and use the value to load a filter field on the grid. Initiate a 'find'.
Once you have the grid loaded with your target customers, you can read those grid records on demand and do with as needed.

What Jeremy said. However don't think you need to use a power form to have two grids on a form.
The thing is the main grid would be populated via find etc. The secondary one will have to be totally handled by your code. Probably easier to do a power form after all ;)

See program P95921 for an example of how to do this. We did this same concept in a custom application for our master data team which allows them to selectively copy who's who contacts among different address book entries.

Back