E9.2 How to determine what base ORCHs JDE have already written

JohnDanter2

JohnDanter2

VIP Member
Hi folks

I just gave a presentation on the power of ORCHs and applications for calling them both internally on E1 screens and externally etc on Kevin Long's excellent Creek View plug in in Excell and a part of my presentation was to highlight the fact Oracle have actually pre made a load of ORCHS themselves!

So JDE_ORCH_PO_Approval_ORCH, JDE_ORCH_PO_Approval_Reject, JDE_ORCH_DetermineAndRemoveShortage and so on

I was asked the question, how do end users know what ORCHs Oracle may have already written? Is there a list out there somewhere listing ORCHS and what they may do?

I was flummoxed for an answer.

Does anyone know the answer?
I found this an example of one we already somehow have

Thanks

John

Last edited:
Yeah thanks, I'd showed them that, it's rubbish and not very helpful, sadly

UDO_9_2_10575 doesn't gie any indication on whats in it, what it does or anything

Last edited:
Oracle prewritten orchs may be "old" (in my experience, YMMV). I would think of them more as reference material than cogs to insert into your own machines.

More interesting (and elusive) is once you have a few hundred orchs written, and a few dozen hundred components, how do you find your own stuff??!

This is where a nice solid naming convention, and regimented use of categories can help out.

And, a nice "clear" policy of when to re-use, when to use a copied&revisioned component, vs when to write new. Re-usability becomes important for a platform such as this.

Lastly, a good orch component cross-ref, a good report on used/unused components, used/unused orchs, etc., that will make quality of life much better down the line.

(I smell a conference session)

Yep that's the best I can come up with. Unless they have an Oracle By Example on learnjde.com, I'm not sure what else you'd find.

I would suggest spinning up a JDE Trial Edition in Oracle cloud. It comes loaded with example Orchestrations and should give you a pretty good idea of what is available out of the box. The nice part is you can just export the ones that are useful to you.

Thanfully ATM, only I am making ORCHs here, so yeah I have a convention

If it helps anyone else, I use the Steltix demo system to look (and clone). As they upload all ESUs as they come out

This is the kind of documentation I was after, but I can only find it for the shop floor. It would be great if this existed for ALL ORCHs

This table describes the orchestrations that you can use with the Shop Floor Management system:

OrchestrationDescription
These orchestrations are available for use with the shortage maintenance process:
JDE_ORCH_DeterminePartsListItemShortageThis orchestration determines shortage for an item on the parts list to be issued for the work order.
JDE_ORCH_CreatePartsListItemShortageThis orchestration runs the Shortage Revisions program (P3118) to create shortage for each record that has a material status of 86 in the Part List table (F3112). Then, it creates a cycle count for each shortage using R41411. It runs the Work Order Issues program (P31113) to update the material status from 86 to 87 to indicate that the shortage is processed. The orchestration also triggers shortage notifications to the planner and buyer associated with the Item Branch record (F4102).
These orchestrations are available for use with the shortage maintenance process:
JDE_ORCH_RemoveOrderItemShortageThis orchestration removes shortage from the F3118 table when the part list at material status 87 has the quantity issued greater than or equal to the quantity ordered.
JDE_ORCH_DetermineAndRemoveShortageThis orchestration determines whether the shortage should be removed from F3118. If required, it removes the shortage.
These orchestrations trigger shortage notifications:
JDE_ORCH_31_PlannerShortageNotifyThis orchestration selects the planner for the item and branch from F4102, and triggers notifications to inform the planner of any shortages.
JDE_ORCH_31_BuyerShortageNotifyThis orchestration selects the buyer for the item and branch from F4102, and triggers the notifications to inform the buyer of any shortages.
These orchestrations are available for use with the scrap handling process:
JDE_ORCH_31_LowYieldCheckThis orchestration sends notifications when there are unexpected scrap quantities so that corrective action can be taken immediately. It checks whether there are any open work orders with operations at status 30. If it finds any, it processes those by triggering the JDE_ORCH_31_ScrapCheckProcess orchestration.
JDE_ORCH_31_ScrapCheckProcessThis orchestration verifies if the shipped quantity is less than the expected quantity from the record received from the JDE_ORCH_31_LowYieldCheck orchestration. If it is, then the orchestration sends an email to the manager associated with the work order header. When the record is processed, it sets the work order operation to status 31 so that it is not processed again.
This orchestration is available for use with the work order operation rescheduling process:
JDE_ORCH_UpdateWORequestedThis orchestration updates a work order with a newly calculated requested date. This orchestration uses the Work Order Processing (P48013) program to update the work order by calculating and entering the new Requested Date, clearing the values in the Start Date and Planned Effective Date fields, and then clicking OK. The system then updates the Work Order Routing table (F3112) and the Work Order Master File table (F4801), and updates all the three dates on the Scheduled Work Order Operations chart — Start Date, Requested Date, and Effective Date. The orchestration uses version ZJDE0002 of the P48013 program that is set up to update the parts list and routing too.
The orchestration uses the following user-defined objects (UDOs):
  • JDE_RULE_StopOnWarning
  • JDE_SREQ_AttemptToUpdateWORequested
  • JDE_SREQ_UpdateWORequested

Hi folks

I just gave a presentation on the power of ORCHs and applications for calling them both internally on E1 screens and externally etc on Kevin Long's excellent Creek View plug in in Excell and a part of my presentation was to highlight the fact Oracle have actually pre made a load of ORCHS themselves!

So JDE_ORCH_PO_Approval_ORCH, JDE_ORCH_PO_Approval_Reject, JDE_ORCH_DetermineAndRemoveShortage and so on

I was asked the question, how do end users know what ORCHs Oracle may have already written? Is there a list out there somewhere listing ORCHS and what they may do?

I was flummoxed for an answer.

Does anyone know the answer?
I found this an example of one we already somehow have

Thanks

John
You can see them all in Studio (assuming they have been installed - I think they are only 'pre-installed' if your CNC has applied the ESU they are delivered in.

Or if the end users are on the other side of something like Postman, they can call one of the AIS REST APIs that return the list of available Orchestrations.

You can see them all in Studio (assuming they have been installed - I think they are only 'pre-installed' if your CNC has applied the ESU they are delivered in.

Or if the end users are on the other side of something like Postman, they can call one of the AIS REST APIs that return the list of available Orchestrations.

Thanks yes.
That's how I showed them the intial list yes, but I was then asked are there more out there and how do we (the end users) know what they do or what may also be available to download
There doesn't seem to be any docs out there for it at all

Back