E9.2 Opening local pdf file

tboat00

tboat00

Well Known Member
I know there are many posts over time regarding the ability to open local network pdf files inside JDE. But many of those documents are dated and tools have changed, more options are available now, etc.

I need to be able to display pdf files that are on our local network from within a JDE screen. A simple find/.browse grid with file locations with a row exit to some function to display the pdf file is desirable. Has anyone done this lately or can someone recommend a good way to do this taking into account current tools release levels (9.2.5.4)? Any advice would be appreciated.

I have tried and been unsuccessful using these methods:

1) Textbox control with html code in segment 1 (currently limited to 90 characters wo this option is vey limiting)
2) Calling a local website in a cafe1 page that simply opens the pdf file. Chrome is more foregiving than Edge, but the security settings in both browsers make this difficult.

Any thoughts and suggestions here would be appreciated.

Can't you just add it as a MO once you've found it?

You can do this embedded (like P98220 A does) or as a row exit

So here's a way to do this.

Create a simple HTML Web Server (using Microsoft IIS for example) that simply maps/presents the network directory.
In a JDE App put a buton or a Menu command with 1 line of code calling the GoTo URL function passing the URL.
In this manner you pretty much remove JDE 99% from the solution but users can still initiate access from JDE.

Larry

Thanks for your input. That was my intended approach as I made this post. I have done as you suggested and the solution exposes the web contents via cafe1 page. I feed the URL from an associated data grid.

Back