How to automate call entry in CSMS

jlewiscrosby

I'm looking for a steer on ways to enter calls in CSMS from data input by the customer into a web application. This is in a shop with very limited development resources. We looked for Z files but there didn't appear to be any. Has anyone done this? What tools should we be looking at?

Thanks,

I have done this for a client. There isn't a standard way to accomplish this. We had to write custom business functions to add, edit, and retrieve the data for call records.
|

Thanks, I was afraid something like that would be involved. Can you give me an idea of how big a job it was?

If you know the OneWorld tool set then I am thinking 2-3 weeks to design and build the OneWorld side. You would create business functions to do all the work and then expose them using GenJava. Then you can call the business functions from your web interface via Java.
|
The business functions would just need to mimic what the call entry screen does.
|

Thanks, although unfortunately it looks a bit expensive for us since there'd be a lot to learn to get to the start line.

Back