Hard Commit

Newbie2

I keep reading about a processing option in P4210 to activate hard commitment at SO entry. I can't find such a processing option and believe the only way to hard commit at order entry is to manually select a ship location.

Anyone able to clarify my thinking?

Thanks,

As far as i know, you have to select either a Location (other than primary) or Lot No during the Sales order entry to hard commit the order at SOE time. Moreover you have to keep Availability checking processing option ON to hard commit the quantity.

There is a white paper on this "Commitments in Sales", which explains it much better than what i tried to do here.

Regards,
Alex

The processing option you 're referring to is probably #2 on the Process tab, Subsystem Processing. Options 3 and 4 deal with generating commitments at the time of order entry. The difference is that option 3 is designed as a batch process that will commit the order after you accept it and allow you to continue entering another order. Option 4 is basically intended to be an online process that commits the order before you can enter another order. As of version B733x, option 4 was not really online - don't know if this has been corrected.
Hope this helps.

Back