Fix inspect Form not fetching database values to the form

prudhvi

Dear all,
i have a fix inspect form called from select button of find browse form. i passed key values to the form datastructure through form interconnect in select button. And then initialised FC values with FI values. By default the form should fetch the database record and display in the form controls. But its not happening, can anybody know the reason behind that. I checked all options available on the form. Nothing is there like no fetch on form business view. So please help me ASAP on this
Thanks in advance

Have you looked at the logs to see the SELECT statement?
In which event are you setting FC=FI?

Gene

Hi prudhvi,

You forgot to attach your release, SP/TR level and platform.

I suppose, you double checked the form interconnect statement and the "Dir" column contains the right direction on all index field.

Sometimes new forms or form calls do not work as expected first time, if you did not log off OneWorled and log on again. Have you do it?

If you open the FI data structure of the form, then what kind of value do you see in the first "Col Type" column?

Waiting your update & Regards,

Zoltán

Yes checked the log. The primary index values are becoming 'Blank' once the control reached to Post Dialog Initialised Section. Actually i initialised the FC with FI in Dialog Initialised section.

Hi Zoltán,

I am using B7333 on windows platform. And i checked the Col Type in Form Data structure it's all are BC values and also i did logoff and login but no use. Checked Dir column also its right direction only. so hope this clears your querys. i could not able to find out wat happening please help...
confused.gif

Hi,
Check whether you are sending the grid values to the fix inspect form or not
if yes then if the fix and inspect is opening in the update mode den chk
whether values it is gettng or not through debugger or else u r demo is
corrupt.
Bye n TC

Hi prudhvi,

Just some shot to the dark this time.

#1. I'm sure, you checked, that you pass the same field from GC to the appropriate FI on the Select exit.

#2. I'm also sure, that the appropriate BC fields are behind FC fields of the key and behind the other FC.

#3. Check in the Debugger FI/FC values at the begining and at the end of Dialog Is Initilized and Post Dialog Is Initialized.

#4. Disable the FC = FI assignments for a try.

#5. If you are on a fat client, Log Off OW, delete the well known 6 spec file, Login (maybe you can make a get to be on the safe side) and check the result.

#6. Disable the Form Interconnect call, create a new one and pass the appropriate values

#7. If it is possible for you, get the development onto an other client and try there too.

That's all from me now - I have no more suggestion currently.

Waiting for your update & Good Luck

Regards,

Zoltán

Personally, I'd move the FC=FI from DIALOG IS INIT'd to POST DIALOG IS INIT'd and see if that works.
Just as something silly to try.

Gene

Hi Gene,

I am afraid, this won't help.
Please, check the "Process Flow for Fix/Inspect Form" chapter in the Appendix of Development Tools manual.

But... it worth a try.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi prudhvi,

Just an addition:

Display SV Form_Mode system variable value too, when you debug the suggested events - and BC values of the primary key fields too.

Regards,

Zoltán

Silly question, did you set the filters?

In your version, you may be able to double-click the form control or right-click and select properties, and bring up the filter tab. You would need to say how you want the value to relate to the table (e.g. = or <>).

Beyond that, are your form controls tied to a business view column, or a data dictionary column? Take a look at the data item tab to verify.

It sounds like you're doing a fetch, but not really fetching correctly. If you can verify that the form controls are tied to the business view rather than just a data dictionary field, and those controls have the appropriate filter setting, then we can rule that out.

There's no filter on a Fix/Inspect Gary
blush.gif

PS The filter is used to filter the grid records, on forms that HAVE a grid
tongue.gif

1. Replace the BC values in the Form Data Structure with GC values
2. Save and exit
3. Using Alex's OWDLC free tool clear the Cache
4. Launch your application from a task (create one if it doesn't exist)
5. Provide feedback

I'd try it "just for fun".
(And based on the statement that the FC=blank by the time it hits PDII).

Gene

Go to properties and generate the form datastructures , save them and log out and try again after login.

Hope it works.

Back