F98OWSEC Table

abhi82

HI List,
I have installed JDE 8.10 on windows server2000 on Oracle database.

There are two F98OWSEC tables .One in Oracle under user SY810 and the other in SQL Server(This database got installed while installing Deploymet Srv). When we create a USer Security which table shud get populated...
and why there are 2 tables ???

-
Abhi.

On the deployment server, the files in an MSDE database are for the planner. Its sort of a way around security during installation, upgrades, emergencies, etc, until you can get all the OneWorld security related issues set up. Its also what gets used when applying ESU/ASUs. The other in Oracle is used by all other users and is populated during installation with a few default ids.

When creating new users the SY810/F98OWSEC should be the file that gets updated. The one on the deployment server is probably for the PLANNER environment.

Patty

Users will populate SY810/F98OWSEC, the other would be for the Planner environment.

Are you aware that Windows 2000 servers are no longer supported by PSFT/JDE/Oracle?

Dave Rammer
Sheboygan County

EO810 Tools: 8.93_N1 HP-UX 11i Oracle 9.2.0.5
Citrix XP SP3/FR3

Re: RE: F98OWSEC Table

Hey Guys..Thanks for rpelying..but pleasssssseeeeee help me out with the following problem--
Right now according to logs when I create a User Security , the F98OWSEC table is called for updation..But this is failing somehow..
----------------------------------------------------------
2272/2824 Sun Jan 08 16:35:25.205 ODDBPerformRequest.cpp184
Failed processing SQL statement: INSERT INTO PSPlan810.DBO.F98OWSEC VALUES ('PSFT',' ',0.000000,0,'sys',' ',' ',' ',' ','Level 1','0','½2272/2824 Sun Jan 08 16:35:25.205 jdb_drvm.c942
JDB9900401 - Failed to execute db request

2272/2824 Sun Jan 08 16:35:25.220 jdb_exet.c5325
JDB3400009 - Failed to perform Insert for F98OWSEC
-----------------------------------------------------------
What might be the problem ???
Also I noticed that when Enterprise Service is started , the SY810/F98OWSEC is getting called...What changes shud be made so that when USER Security is created , SY810/F98OWSEC table is populated..(I am guessing that chaging DB system settings of Dep.Server's JDE.ini(under winnt directory) file from planner database to Oracle-SY810 shud be made )
Awaiting response ..

-
Abhi.

Abhi,

I'm guessing from your logs that you are trying to create a security record for the PSFT user on your deployment server? Do you not already have a record for user PSFT? Do you get the results if you try from a FAT client machine?
Under normal circumstances, the security parameters in all of the jde.ini will point to the same place. I would definitely edit your deployment server jde.ini and point it to the SY810/F98OWSEC. The other associated security table is F98OWPU and this needs to be in the same datasource as the F98OWSEC, check your OCM for system and server.

Hope this helps...

Dom

Hey .Thanks for replying...I just made a small change in what I was doing..I just Logged in Solution Explorer through PD810 instead of PSFTPlan..and the record got added in SY80/F98OWSEC..
then I had an issue with Invalid password..So i further changed the system user associated with security recrod to PSFT and it worked ..

Hi Abhi,

It sounds like you are trying to set up security from the deployment server. You should be doing it from a "fat" client (not a web client). All clients will access (and update) the security tables (there are more than one) in the sy810 database.

And DON'T change the jde.ini on the deployment server to point to the System datasource. I'm not sure what Dom meant by "I would definitely edit your deployment server jde.ini and point it to the SY810/F98OWSEC" but you can't map a single talbe via the jde.ini. And if you change the [DB SYSTEM SETTINGS] section you'll screw your system up really bad. The deployment server is a special setup and should only be used for installs/upgrades, installing ESUs, and building packages.

I wouldn't recommend logging into the regular environments (production, etc.) either because of the setup. Some will argue with me, but it's safer to do everything from a client.

Andrew

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't recommend logging into the regular environments (production, etc.) either because of the setup. Some will argue with me, but it's safer to do everything from a client.

[/ QUOTE ]

Andrew - you are dead on! The deployment server is only for package builds, ASUs, ESUs and other system changes. In 8.10, you are supposed to use a fat client for security administration.

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

Back