Thread: Crystal Report Inconsistent behaviour after database change from Oracle9i to 10G

Crystal Report Inconsistent behaviour after database change from Oracle9i to 10G

Hi,
    We have a very serious situation here.Crystal Report is not working properly after we switched from Oracle to Oracle 10G.Sometimes some reports are giving blank output and sometime some are going into error.And when we do a test by running one after another it works well . But again the next day same status . No all reports work ok.A same report with the same dataselection gives output sometime and doesn't give output sometime.
    I am very new to this Crystal world & Need urgent help on this.
    Thanks in advance

Re: Crystal Report Inconsistent behaviour after database change from Oracle9i to 10G

same old questions to ask:

- what version of Crystal?
    - Fat clients or web/server version of crystal?

also

- what method of connecting to database?
    - JDE Connection?
    - ODBC?
    - OLE DB?
    - Provider? (Microsoft or Oacle?)
    Larry Jones
    E1 9.2 - TR 9.2.2.6 on Win 2016 R2. SQL Server 2016
    Wintel, BI Publisher

Re: Crystal Report Inconsistent behaviour after database change from Oracle9i to 10G

We Are Experiencing Here at my business.. Your problem of crystal reports inconsistency after Oracle DB Upgrade...
    Please Feed me Back if you found any cure to this problem
    Thanks for your time..

Finally we found the cure to the problem.. we changed the connection from 'OLE DB' to 'oracle server' the connection 'oracle server' was not available untill our DBA installed a batch in crystal folders which was related to the DNS i think

Thread Information