Server Manager and HP ServiceGuard

gerd_renz3

VIP Member
Hi List,

I am at a client to configure their HP Unix server in a cluster. How should I proceed with regards to the Server Manager?
So far the Unix ES shows with it´s physical name on my SM console. After installing the cluster package, do I have to re-inatall the SM agent? Will the cluster name come up automatically in my SM console?

Has anybody done this or something similar before?

Thanks, Gerd

Gerd,

While the JDE.INI has a setting to use the ClusterName to write and read job master records, there does not seem to be an equivalent setting for the SM agent. The agent is registered with SM on each node where it is or has been active. I always install the agent on the clustered disk associated with the package owning the JDE services. After you have installed it via the first node you can then fail over to the other node. You will find that the agent is registered twice in SM under the node name versus the cluster name. The inactive node will have the agent shown as inactive in SM. If you haven't installed the agent on cluster disk I suggest you will need to reinstall the agent.

On the other half of your question I suggest that you register the Enterprise server using a name that represents the cluster package name. When you register an enterprise server you can call the managed instance anything you want. If I have two nodes (jdenode1 and jdenode2) with a cluster name of "jdeapp" I will register in SM using a naming convention like jdeapp_ENT_PD900.

Thanks for the complete answer Justin. Makes sense.

Only, we had difficulties getting E1 started from the ServiceGuard scripts. OW starts normally using RunOneWorld.sh from command line, with the cluster node name configured in JDE.INI.
But it does not start using
su - jde900 -c "/jde/jdedwards/e900/system/bin32/RunOneWorld.sh"
from ServiceGuard.

Since you have experience with this cluster software, would you have any idea what could be wrong with this?

Thanks, Gerd

We created a shell script in /home/jde900 that itself calls RunOneWorld.sh .
E1 comes up correctly now from ServiceGuard.
I really don´t know what difference our change made, but it worked.

Cheers, Gerd

Back