SQL Server / Central Objects Can't UTB

lemieux

SQL Server / Central Objects Can\'t UTB

Hello List, we have just recently upgraded from "xe" to 8.11 SP1 8.95_F1. We have Central Objects in SQL Server.
I cannot build packages and/or UTB to any tables in my PS_PY811 Central Objects database. I created PS_PY811 from PS_DV811 (export/import) and have confirmed all F* tables are owned by PY811 and not dbo. I have successfully run the instcat.sql script over the master database but this did not resolve our issue.
The error I see in the jde.log is F98751 not found in Central Objects - PY811. This table is there. I can see this table in PS_PY811 and and I can return all rows for this table while in SQL.

Any thoughts on how I could "touch this table" through UTB would be much appreciated. I'm sure the fix for UTB will also resolve my package build issue.

Thank-You,

8.11 - SP1 - 8.95_f1, planner ESU JJ10569
DS = Windows 2003, SP1, 2GB of RAM and a 3.2ghz processor
ES = iseries 400, OS/400 V5R3

Re: SQL Server / Central Objects Can\'t UTB

Hi,

The symptoms of your problem sound very typical to the instcat.sql problem. Couple of things you could check to verify this.

run the following stored procedure against the master database.

sp_server_info 500

This will return a value in the format x.xx.xxx

The minimum level required for EnterpriseOne 8.1x and above is 8.00.552. This is available with SP3a for SQL Server 2000.

Verify that you are this level.

And is it only the Central Object tables that u cant open thru UTB. What about the Business Data & Control Table database. Does that database also have an "underscore" in its name..?

Put the ODBC tracing on, and capture the ODBC error. Should give you some more idea

Good Luck

RE: SQL Server / Central Objects Can\'t UTB

Did you create the database via DTS or backup/restore?

Regards,

Kieran Fitzgerald

Re: RE: SQL Server / Central Objects Can\'t UTB

KF, thanks for your reply. I did a Export/Import from PS_DV811 to PS_PY811.

Thanks for your reply Ice. Going to try that later today. Any suggestions to "fix" would be much appreciated.

Few things.

When you do Import/Export , you need to manaully change few tables to reflect PY pathcode.

Secodnly , check the ODBC in the registry does it have all the value specically database name some time this is missed

SQL Server / Central Objects Can\'t UTB

We came across the same issue, and the solution that we used was to drop and
recreate the problem database, and then use R98403 to duplicate from DV to
PY. I never did get around to debugging why the issue occurred in the first
place....

Kieran

Try running the following command from sql query analyser as sa whilst looking at the database concerned.

dbo.sp_change_users_login 'REPORT'

If it returns a set of user id's then this will be your problem. You will have orphaned users for your database.
If you do get this let me know and I will let you know the solution. Also if you have orphans on one db the likelihood is you will have orphans on some of the others as well.

It is quite common with detaching / attaching databases and moving them from one machine to another, and occasionally with import / export.

Back