Ocx controls installation with html client

antoine_mpo

Reputable Poster
Hi,
We have some issues concerning 2 jde ocx controls for the html client.
The first one (JDEExcelAuto Control) is used when you want to import from excel, and the other (JDEWebRTFEdit Control) is used when you want to create some text attachments.

When you're trying to use those functions in html client for the first time, you're asked to install the concerned control and if you select "Yes", it's downloaded from your web server.
In our french plant, we never had any problem with that, but it seems that in our UK plant, the installation doesn't work properly.

Is it necessary to be local administrator of the machine when you're installing the ocx control (or user with powers) on a W2000 or XP PC in order to properly register the control ?

What i don't understand is that in france, our pc are W2k, with IE 5.5, and users are not administrators nor user with power, and we never had a problem. In UK, some PC are W2k and others with XP, most of them with IE 6.

Is there a way to install those 2 ocx "by hand" ? Because we need to prepare a lot of machines, and it would be safer to have those components already installed.
To do so, i tried the process above :
- copy the .cab containing the ocx control on a machine
- decompress the 2 files (one .inf and one .ocx)
- right-click on the .inf file and select "install"
But it didn't work ...

Thanks for your help.
Antoine.

Does anyone know the answer to this (2 year old!) question?

We are having the same issue.

Thanks,

Tim.

OCX files are not executable that you can install it. You need to register it as an administrator

user this command
regsvr32 H:\jdewebctlsU.ocx
regsvr32 H:\jdeexpimpU.ocx

If you have several people that can help, it's not too bad. I've had to have someone with Admin rights log on to the workstation, and then get the 2 controls/certificates. At that point, everything is all set for anyone logging onto the workstation.

If you are rolling out new machines, you could have the 2 controls/certificates included on the image you roll out.

Back