E8.12 ActiveX controls are not working when the web link changed

Rauf

Rauf

VIP Member
In Internet Explorer, to deal with ActiveX controls ( like attachment, export to Excel etc), I install the below files.
jdeexpimpU.ocx
jdewebctlsU.ocx

Also I add the web link to trusted sites and enable all ActiveX options.

Now, all the functionalities were working when we used our local IP to access the JDE screen ( like 192.168....).
But when we connect to the system thru external remote connection ( thru Juniper), only the ActiveX functionality is not working. I have added the remote connection link to trusted sites and reinstalled the ocx files. But nothing worked.
I have attached generated html files for both scenarios.

Any suggestions ?

ocx - OK.png

ocx - not loading.png

Attachments

• OCX_NotLoading.txt
    36 KB · Views: 1
  • OCX-OK.txt
    33.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
My suggestion, get off of IE. It is completely out of support. And it is more than just "not supported", Microsoft is rolling out Windows updates that will actually disable IE and force you on to Edge. So one day very soon not only will your ActiveX controls not work your browser won't work either.

One additional information is that the Juniper link's protocol is "https" but locally we are using only "http" ( where ActiveX is working as normal).

My suggestion, get off of IE. It is completely out of support. And it is more than just "not supported", Microsoft is rolling out Windows updates that will actually disable IE and force you on to Edge. So one day very soon not only will your ActiveX controls not work your browser won't work either.
Compatibility settings :)

In IE later versions, we need to add the new web link to compatibility view settings.

Is there any way to load these ActiveX functionality in Windows 11 Edge ? I already added to the compatibility settings (Edge -> Settings -> Default browser ) but it is not working.

Hi BOster,
For the time being, I just did a workaround to invoke IE in Windows 11. As we are just using IE inside our network, security is not a big concern.

We can just save the below tag in a .hta file and it will invoke IE.

Code:
<a href="blank" target="_"> Start IE </a>

Back