Versions (Runube vs Submitted)

DBohner-(db)

Legendary Poster
Howdy,

We have an automated process that submits the RUNIUBE command at timed intervals every day - for a specific version of R4981. Some time ago, we noticed that the data being returned from the automated R4981 is different than that of a submitted (via JDE) R4981 for the same version...

RUNUBE R4981 | VersionA = no data selected.
BV R4981 | VersionA = 75 pages returned.

WHA!? If I am using the same version, and I am not changing the criteria on the BV submission - why don't I get the same data back? Especially if the BV is submitted a few seconds after the RUNUBE completes....

Is it possible for the Version on the SERVER (RUNUBE) to be different than the one on the BV(LOCAL)? Is it possible that Processing Options and/or selection criteria is different between what RUNUBE uses and BV, for the same version? The user states that they do not change the PO(s) or Selection Criteria before BV submissions...

What else might be broke?

Daniel

Daniel,

Yes, it is indeed possible for data selection for a version to be different on the server vs. what you see locally (through Batch Versions). You should probably build an update package for the server which contains the version(s) in question just to make sure. As for Processing Options, once you change these, they are changed for everywhere -- clients and server. Also, does your automated process do anything to try and change the data selection via form interconnect data structure values?

Since you're using an AS/400, another possiblity for the discrepancy are corrupted SQL packages. Do a search on KnowledgeGarden with a keyword RUNUBE and you'll find the document that talks about it. Make sure you delete all the SQL packages and see if that fixes the problem.

Boris Goldenberg
Independent JDE OneWorld consultant

Back