E9.1 P41025/ R41826 - How to Use

richchipper

Well Known Member
This is probably a dumb question, but:

I've got nearly 2500 Dimension records to duplicate and I'm trying to find the best way without having to do it one at a time.

If I run P41025, it uses the X version of JDE report to make the duplication. I can't find anywhere that you can choose which version of R41826 to run. Do I have to update the X version to make the changes? I've always been taught not to modify standard JDE reports.

If I create a version of R41826 and run it from BV, there isn't a way to identify the copy from branch that I can see. Do I add it to the data selection?

This report/process seems unusable otherwise.

Use Item Branch Duplication program (P41015) to select individual items for duplication, or use the Item Branch Duplication Batch program (R41826) to define criteria for multiple items that need to be duplicated : create a version wherein you can select item / BP / G/L cat. codes. Mathieu

This is probably a dumb question, but:

I've got nearly 2500 Dimension records to duplicate and I'm trying to find the best way without having to do it one at a time.

If I run P41025, it uses the X version of JDE report to make the duplication. I can't find anywhere that you can choose which version of R41826 to run. Do I have to update the X version to make the changes? I've always been taught not to modify standard JDE reports.

If I create a version of R41826 and run it from BV, there isn't a way to identify the copy from branch that I can see. Do I add it to the data selection?

This report/process seems unusable otherwise.
Just did a copy of item branch records this week...

You can use the R41826 to records to new branch at a time. The data selection is very limited as you can only select (multiple) Item Number(s), Branch Plant and/or category code 2 to determine "FROM" branch. The process options are used to indicate to the "TO" destination and whether to copy some other info to the new item branch records.

The problem is that you can't specify things like 'Line Type' or 'GL Class Code' on the new item branch records so you would need to do a SQL update on those if they are different (also F41021 GL Class Code).

Last edited:
Back